WWE PPV buyrate numbers aren't good

Tvfan24/7

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
PWInsider has the numbers for WWE's second quarter PPV's and they aren't good. Less than 200,000 buys for Extreme Rules, Over the Limit and Fatal Four Way. I haven't bought a WWE PPV since 2006.

UPDATED WWE BUYRATE NUMBERS, AND THEY ARE NOT PRETTY
By Dave Scherer on 2010-08-05 09:15:33WWE released their most current PPV buyrate numbers today and they continue to slide backwards.
Also, It looks like WWE may have confused themselves with their renaming and shuffling of PPV events. In today's second quarter numbers, WWE compared Extreme Rules 2010 (held on April 25th) with Extreme Rules 2009 (held on June 7, 2009). Given the dates of the PPV events, Extreme Rules for this year should really be compared to Backlash 2009, which was previously the end of April PPV offering.

Here is a breakdown of WWE's second quarter PPV events over the last three years (with the numbers as they were reported at the end of the quarter by WWE).

April PPV

Extreme Rules April 25, 2010 182
Backlash April 26, 2009 182
Backlash April 27, 2008 200
May PPV

Over The Limit May 23, 2010 197
Judgment Day May 17, 2009 228
Judgment Day May 18, 2008 252
Early June PPV

No early June PPV in 2010
Extreme Rules June 7, 2009 213
One Night Stand June 1, 2008 194
Late June PPV

Fatal Four Way June 20, 2010 143
The Bash June 28, 2009 178
Night Of Champions June 29, 2008 273
Buck Woodward and I will have full analysis of WWE's second quarter numbers on today's No Name Show.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/49716/updated-wwe-buyrate-numbers-and-they-are-not-pretty.html?p=1

I haven't watch wrestling in over a month. Its too boring now with it's PG rating.

While I like Linda McMahon running for Senate, I hope she loses just so WWE can go back to having some good action and story lines again.

More from today's conference call:

The following is a report on the WWE conference call held on August 5 regarding the second quarter earnings report.

-"Basically, we had a lousy quarter," Vince McMahon said. He called it a perfect storm. He mentioned the Icelandic volcano issue and also noted the retirements of two wrestlers and injuries that have sidelined top stars. He mentioned that they expected Shawn Michaels to retire, and then referred to Batista's situation as being a hiatus.

-George Barrios ran through the earnings report and noted that they believe the pay-per-view business took a hit now, but will improve over time. The pay-per-view business was down 19 percent domestically.

-The Smackdown vs. Raw video game sold 370,000 units, which is a 20 percent decline from the previous year. Revenue from the toy line increased by 175 percent due to the relationship with Mattel.

-Once the presentation was completed, they opened up the phone lines. The first caller brought up the new talent that's been featured lately. Vince put over The Nexus faction concept and noted that it stemmed from the NXT television show. "I think there's been a very favorable response to our new talent." Vince said the return of older stars such as Undertaker and Triple H will help the company.

-Vince said there's no quick turnaround. He brought up retirements and injuries. "We've never had that many top talents injured at one time," Vince said.

-A caller asked how quickly it will take to get the storylines and the talent back on course. Vince pointed out that television ratings have been increasing since they started featuring new talent. He said they are looking at SummerSlam to reverse the downward pay-per-view trend and said he sees it as the kickoff for the new talent boosting numbers.

-The same caller asked about the WWE cable network plans. Vince said they are going to cable systems with a presentation in January. He said they are making a pitch based on the Major League Baseball model. Vince added that they've received a strong reaction in some cases to the idea of a WWE Network from within the cable industry.

This concluded the conference call.

PROWRESTLING.NET - BACKSTAGE NEWS AND OPINION ON WWE, TNA, MORE

They mention old talent but didn't mention any of the BIG names to come back.. I don't care for the Undertaker much anymore and same goes for HHH unless he's with DX.

Stone Cold, The Rock and others are the only ones I've ever cared about cause they not only had skill but also a way to really light up fans.

Wrestling has been pretty lame lately. To the point that if I miss is (as I did this week as I was putting the D* dish back up) I was like "oh well"

use ot be where my behind was planted in the chair at 7:55 and waiting for RAW to begin. Now I DVR it and watch "Operation Repo" and "All Worked Up" on TruTV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts