WWE PPV in mpeg 4?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

boavista

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
While going through the guide today, i noticed that it lists WWE:One Night Stand PPV replay on ch.175 as being "test" right now. Does this possibly mean their testing the replay as mpeg4? kinda makes you wonder..

I can only hope so. I saw the Royal Rumble on the old MPEG2 format, and while it was good to see a PPV in HD, I wouldn't be putting it on display at a place where I'm trying to sell D* HD. I don't know if it is as much D*'s fault or WWE's fault. Either way, WWE could stand to do some tweaking on their end to cut down on the macroblocking issues they have.

hmmm interesting update... The Guide is listing the PPV as being on Ch.175 live tonight as well as ch.92

The channels Below 100 are all mpeg2, so im thinking that this would mean the one on 175 is in mpeg4. Theres no real way to tell. Hopefully d* will say something before the show tonight. Im not going to order and take the risk.. but if its going to be in mpeg4, for the future i would consider ordering the ppv next time.

I mainly stick with the "Original Four" PPVs: Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, SummerSlam, and Survivor's Series. I think once a month is a little excessive, and I STRONGLY believe that WWE should consider lowering their price by at LEAST $5 for these things. The price is high enough, and the fact that we have to pay $10 extra for an HD version doesn't help either. Hopefully the local Hooters we go to for these events will finally upgrade to HD for the events. I HATE going to bars and sports places where they have tons of HDTVs and no HD feeds being shown on it. I want to go up to the owners and say, "Hello, Dum Dum..."

yea i only order wwe ppv when its like a super stacked card. In the last 2 years i think i've orderd like 3 ppv total.. and i always get a few guys over so we can split up the cost because like you mentioned.. its way over priced.

yea i only order wwe ppv when its like a super stacked card. In the last 2 years i think i've orderd like 3 ppv total.. and i always get a few guys over so we can split up the cost because like you mentioned.. its way over priced.
I hosted a PPV Party when the Royal Rumble came, and afterwards I told everyone, "I hope you enjoyed the PPV and party, but don't get too attached to this because I can't incur this sort of cost again!" I do agree with the splitting of costs, and actually my friend who came to that event mentioned doing something like that at her place, since she now has HD service at her house, although at WM she didn't have access to the HD feed (She has Comcast.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.