WWE RAW

Too bad I have to wait until 11:30 to see WWE :(
(stupid "The Score" in Canada is showing the damn b-ball final that CBS is showing too...so WWE isn't on until after the game)

:yikes!sadroll:what:shocked.....................DAMN!!!!!!

yeah Canada channels is known to take stuff from the US Nets and put them on cable channels when almost everyone has access to the US Nets

its called money grabbing...

so because of it, they push Raw to 11:30 CDT with the replay at 2:30PM tomorrow (like normal) and a special showing at 8:30 tomorrow nite. Normally its on at 8:15 (yes they tape delay it 15 minutes for some reason), 11:00 and 2:30PM the next day

I think WWE did some sort of HD upgrade recently, because I was shocked at how good WrestleMania looked on Sunday. It was comparable to their WM 24 BD quality in my opinion.

Well last nights show put me to sleep.

Normally the night after WrestleMania sets up the next 6 months of fueds, but last night did not seem to do this at all.

I fell asleep before Batista came back, and while some people are excited to hve him back, I have never cared for Batista. To me he is a mid carder who got lucky making it to main event status.

I give last nights RAW a yawn.

Well last nights show put me to sleep.

Normally the night after WrestleMania sets up the next 6 months of fueds, but last night did not seem to do this at all.

I fell asleep before Batista came back, and while some people are excited to hve him back, I have never cared for Batista. To me he is a mid carder who got lucky making it to main event status.

I give last nights RAW a yawn.

WM25 sucked too. Horrible PPV for their "super bowl". MITB and Undertaker/HBK were the 2 best matches, with Undertaker/HBK being the match of the year and perhaps decade. Everything else was just boring. No run-ins, no plot twists, nothing. The hardy match was OK, but too short.

I have seen better Saturday Night Main Events than WM25.

RAW pretty much just followed suit. Boring show following a boring PPV.

WM25 sucked too. Horrible PPV for their "super bowl". MITB and Undertaker/HBK were the 2 best matches, with Undertaker/HBK being the match of the year and perhaps decade. Everything else was just boring. No run-ins, no plot twists, nothing. The hardy match was OK, but too short.
WM25 was OK, but it did not have that WrestleMania feel. It was like a house show that was on TV.

Normally for WrestleMania there are a bunch of things that happen that have you asking more questions when its done then you had before the show started, things such as heel changes, surprise returns of wrestlers, a big swerve to an angle that no one saw coming. This WrestleMania had none of that.

Hell I would have had Batista run in and cause Randy Orton to lose the match against HHH, that would have been better then the match thy gave us.

It seems like Backlash will be better than WM25.

Another thing that really pissed me off as well as alot of others, is that the tag team match wasnt even on the PPV. It was a dark match that can only be seen on the WM25 DVD that is coming out later. I remember back in the day, tag team wrestling was the best. You had the Hart Foundation, Killer Bees, Midnight Rockers, Demolition, I can go on and on. I mean how can you not put a title match on the PPV? Let alone a title match that unfies the tag titles? Thats a slap in the face to all the tag team wrestlers out there.

At least JBL retired. Thats the only good thing that came out of WM25!

I was going to post here some thoughts I had on WM25 but didn't want to hijack the thread, but seeing as it already has done so I may as well bring them up here. I posted this on my FB:

This past Sunday marked the 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania. So some friends and I sat down in front of my 50" Plasma and started watching the event in stunning HD. After the event though, if I had to give it a grade it would begrudgingly get a "C+", which is not acceptable in my opinion for a WrestleMania, especially for the 25th Anniversary of it. WrestleManias vary from year to year obviously, but there are a few trends that the event has unfortunately followed, and the most recent one was almost like a laundry list of them. So let me go through a list of things that the WWE writers need to start taking note of so that future WrestleManias are better than the one plunked upon us this year:

1. Stop with the matches that last less than a minute. This was moderately amusing when it was done in Wrestlemania 1, 5, and 10 (or whatever year Diesel did it) but the gimmick has long gone cold. This is especially bad when a title changes hands as a result of it, because it makes the former reigning champion look like an incompetent jerk off. For the biggest show of the year, each match should last at least 10 minutes. Unless of course it's a Diva match, in which case it should be as short as humanly possible. If it can be avoided in the first place, even better.

2. Don't put the "Money in the Bank" match first. Yes, the MITB match is a great match, but to put it as the first match is like blowing your load early. And while I'm at it, start mixing up the participants. How many years have Kane, MVP, C.M. Punk, and Shelton Benjamin been in this thing? And finally, can someone cash this thing in for a legitimate match for once as opposed to using it after a champion has been through hell and gets put in a finishing move and pinned in 30 seconds?

3. Put all the titles on the line. To have a title not put up at a WrestleMania seems ludicrous to me. Obviously the World Titles are put up, but what about the US, Intercontinental, and Tag Team title belts? Disregarding the fact that the belts are almost irrelevant given how often they change hands and their minimal impact on a wrestler's career, to not have to put up the belt at the biggest event of the year is the ultimate form of trivializing.

4. Stop with the musical performances. I'm sorry, but even though this is considered the "Super Bowl" of wrestling, it doesn't mean it needs a musical guest. We don't need the action broken up for 15 minutes so that some jerks can do a medley of songs. The only time this is acceptable is if a wrestler has licensed entrance theme music and the band comes to perform it, like Kid Rock singing "American Badass" or Motorhead singing "Time to Play The Game" as their respective stars come out.

5. Stop with the narcoleptic referees in the main events. Tell me if this scenario sounds familiar in a main event match: Referee gets knocked out after being hit by the equivalent of a sparrow farting on them, one of the wrestlers does their signature move, pins the other wrestler to a 6 count, gets up angrily and tries to get the comatose referee back, while the other wrestler gets an illegal weapon and uses it, then tries to pin that wrestler, while a brand new referee "runs" out to the ring to try and count, which is interrupted at the 2 1/2 second point miraculously by the recently hit wrestler. Just once I'd like to see an event where no referees are knocked out and there's no "shenanigans" and a title can be decided without using weapons to at least lull us into the belief that the "winner" won completely based on "skill" as opposed to cheapness.

6. Stop bringing Howard Finkle in for 1 announcement. Howard Finkle may be the greatest wrestling announcer of all time, and no offense to the other announcers, but he should be prominently displayed at every WrestleMania and doing all the announcing. It gives the event more swagger and prestige than if Lillian Garcia or the Smackdown announcers (whose names I never cared to learn) are doing it. Howard's role should not be regulated to simply introducing the singer of the National Anthem.

I could go on and on about this and expand it to my grievances with the state of professional wrestling in general, but given that I think there's less than 4 people in my network that even give a sh*t about the subject I'll refrain for now. I also don't want it to come across that I thought this recent WM was BAD. The Undertaker/Shawn Michaels match was one of the best I had seen in recent memory, the MITB match always pleases, and the world title matches were okay, although the HHH/Orton match ended as gracefully as an anvil falling through a glass building. Plus, the quality of the HD feed that we watched was quite stellar and had improved significantly over previous HD PPV events where everything had a muddy, blocky texture to it. I probably would have been kinder in my grading if this wasn't over hyped the way that it was and if it hadn't cost me $64.95 to order.

I realllllyyyyy wish they would draft JR back to raw with the king!
I don't really care. None of the commentators are that great anyways. It may seem too "gimmicky" for them nowadays, but to me it was always best when you had the "Good guy/bad guy" announcers like Gorilla/Ventura, McMahon/Heenan, etc. I know that the "face/heel" lines have blurred in recent years, but not to the point where you can't have that pompous, annoying commentator who just praises the bad guy and vice versa for good. The fairweather announcing or sex-crazed commentary is not appealing to me. I'd rather have good descriptions of what's going on and have decent one-liners of dialog than what we're having now.

Someone PM me the match results of the Undertaker/HBK match.

I am thinking when we roll out the new SatelliteGuys Prime Time Fan Forums next week someone should apply to make a WWE RAW forum. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)