WWE wrestler Chris Benoit, family found dead

thiggin2

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 28, 2004
TampaBay Florida
Wow what a shocker. I was just over at wwe.com and this was on the front page. Very sad news :( .
World Wrestling Entertainment is deeply saddened to report that today Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in their home. There are no further details at this time, other than the Benoit family residence is currently being investigated by local authorities.
Tonight’s Raw on USA Network will serve as a tribute to Chris Benoit and his family. WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family’s relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy.
WWE: Inside WWE > News > Chris Benoit and family found dead

I know that rumor lastnight was, he wasn't at the pay-per-view because he had to return home because of a "family emergency".

odd.. one of his wrestling cohorts, Shane Bower who was best known as the professional wrestler Bif Wellington, was also found dead in his own bed a few days ago. HMMM!?

Apparently, this is legit and not any sort of storyline angle.

The "death" of Vince McMahon storyline, already in poor taste before these events, is expected to be dropped.

This is VERY sad. I have met Chris on numerous times, and he was the most down to earth relaxed wrestler I ever met.

Also dead is his wife Nancy, who many of you may remember being "Woman" in WCW in the 80's. Nancy was also at one time married to another wrestler, Kevin Sullivan.

All mentions of "Mr. McMahons" death have been removed from the WWE homepage. Tonights tribute will instead be to Chris.

RIP Chris, you will be missed.

WOW! One of the most entertaining wrestlers I have ever seen is now gone.

I have been sitting here since 8pm and ever since the show has started I have been having tears streamming down my face.

Kudos to the WWE for canceling the live event. Also Kudos to Vince McMahon for coming out and letting folks know what was going on.

Everytime they show that graphic on the screen with the picture of Chris, Nancy and their son, I just lose it and start crying.

So far everything has been very well put together for the short time they had to pull it all together.

The story is also on the Atlanta-Journal Constitution website, claims they weren't shot to death. So I take it this is a legit story and not some whacked out storyline.

Last edited:
It great to see them paying tribute to his ECW roots.

I do wish they would show some matches from the real days of ECW. I can remember a few of his matches from the ECW Arena sitting in the bleachers there of the arena and in awe of how great an athelete this guy was.

Some of his matches with 2 Cold Scorpio were AMAZING.

What are the odds that ECW will give the vacant ECW Championship to Benoit this Sunday. The championship is already vacant so what would it hurt to let it go vacant a little longer. This is the only Championship that Benoit did not hold.

This is nuts...I came home and turned on the TV and they were showing the Royal Rumble and I was like "what the hell is this"

Then Steve Austin came on and said "we're gonna miss you Chris" and it didnt dawn on me until after the commercial.

This is a sad day indeed....I've seen many Benoit matches from the original ECW and even Japan. One of the best out there

RIP Benoit...you will be missed

Hope you got it DVRed Iceberg. If not I can let you slingbox into my DVR's and see the opening.

The opening with the empty arena...

Wait they are showing it now....

Time to cry again. :(