WWE wrestler Chris Benoit, family found dead

Salsadancer,

One of biggest thing that is bringing tears to my eyes is when they show the graphic of Chris, Nancy and his son.

I have a 4 year old son which look a lot like Chris's son and one of my biggest fears in life is losing my son. So when they keep showing the picture of this little boy I immediately think of my son.

You never know what love is until you have your own child.

Call me selfish, but my biggest fear is that I pass away before my children comprehend death....though I would be dead, my soul would feel this hole that would say that I ABANDONDED MY CHILDREN...!!:( I only pray that my kids are AT LEAST in the late 20s before me or my wife pass away because I want to see all the high and lows that comes with raising my own children. And that OTHER fear you mentioned....I try with every once of strength in my body and soul not to think about that. I have a 2 year old son and a 7 year old daughter.....

I just want to make sure...and I suppose ALL of you with children will do the same....give them a few extra kisses and hugs when they go to bed tonight...

truly very sad indeed, and i haven't even watched wresting in so long, but i watched ecw last week and i saw benoit wrestle and he was amazing, what a great wrestler, a lot of heart and he showed it too, i can't believe it

rip chris

I can't even bring myself to watch it after the first few matches.

This is just as sad as when Owen Hart died...and I bawled the whole nite that nite after.

Edge's comments were very tough to watch without breaking down.

Sorry to say that I've been told it was a murder/suicide...I hope that is wrong but this source is saying Chris went home and killed them, then himself.

I heard homicide (at least thats what TSN in Canada is reporting)
Canadian pro wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife and son were found dead Monday and police said they were investigating the deaths as a homicide.

Sorry to say that I've been told it was a murder/suicide...I hope that is wrong but this source is saying Chris went home and killed them, then himself.

....well, this from 11alive.com

Police discovered three bodies in the home. Pope said they are presently investigating the deaths as a double murder-suicide. The family's bodies have been taken to the GBI crime lab, with autopsy results expected sometime during the day on Tuesday

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=99172

I'm shocked if this is true. Alittle more detail.

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga.(AP) WWE wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife, and son were found dead Monday and police said they were investigating the deaths as a murder-suicide.
Detective Bo Turner told television station WAGA that the case was being treated as a murder-suicide, but said that couldn't be confirmed until evidence was examined by a crime lab.
The station said that investigators believe the 40-year-old Benoit killed his wife, Nancy, and 7-year-old son, Daniel, over the weekend, then himself on Monday. A neighbor called police, and the bodies were found in three rooms.
Road Runner

If this is true and this man took the life of his young son and his Wife, then all of the tributes, and BS that went on tonight seem rather hollow. If this is true, WHAT A COWARD!!!!

Unreal. Time to put Steroids to bed in the WWE.

Local Atlanta paper:

Authorities believe wrestler Benoit killed wife, son then himself

Authorities believe a professional wrestler, his wife and son ? found dead in their central Fayette County home Monday afternoon ? died in a murder-suicide.

District Attorney Scott Ballard said Monday night that he felt confident that Chris Benoit killed his wife Nancy, their 7-year-old son and then himself.

Ballard declined to release the cause of death, but said that earlier news reports that the Benoits died of gunshots were false. The crime lab is in the process of confirming the cause of death, but Ballard said there was enough evidence on scene to make him confident that the Benoits were not killed by another person.

Ballard said sheriff's deputies were called to the Benoit home around 2:30 p.m. after another wrestler called the sheriff's department asking them to check on the family because Benoit had failed to show up for an event in another state. When deputies got to the Benoit home off Quarters Road, they smelled the odor of decaying bodies, Ballard said.

The family's bodies were found inside the home, Ballard confirmed.
"Every indication is that this is a murder-suicide," Ballard said, adding that additional investigation still has to take place before a final determination can be made.

Ballard said when he heard that a young child was killed, it "just tore my guts out."

Benoit made his WWE debut in January 2000, following a stint in ECW and WCW and he was at one time world heavyweight champion, world tag team champion and intercontinental champion.

http://www.thecitizen.com/node/18058

If this is true and this man took the life of his young son and his Wife, then all of the tributes, and BS that went on tonight seem rather hollow. If this is true, WHAT A COWARD!!!!

I totally agree. IF proof shows that Chris Benoit did this, I take back ANYTHING nice I thought or said about him and he would be NOTHING more than a f**king coward. IF you are that depressed...take YOUR life!! The taking of two possibly(we don't know if the wife might have lead to his mental state) innocent people is just ...just uncalled for....that is the only thing that comes to mind now.

How sad...

Thats going to be difficult when its owner looks like a giant steriod induced ape. Ive lost count of the amount of steriod related deaths in the WWE, WWF, WCW etc. Its so sick and tragic. Even sicker is the stupidity of its fans that worship a 40 year old wrestler with the body of a 21 year old body builder. How stupid do you have to be to think its natural? And to act surprised when they go nuts and whack their own family? :rolleyes:

Since speculation is running rampant now...did any of you ever think it could have went down like this....

Wife kills son (accidentally or intentionally)...
Chris finds out (family emergency text to others and WWE need to cancel out of PPV).
Chris finds out truth from wife what happend and kills her...
Chris realizes what he has to live with and a day later hangs himself.

Could have happened...will we ever know unless there was a note or something. Remember, he has two other kids.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts