WYDN-TV Boston AMC 3

Status
Please reply by conversation.
79-82 % Quality

I have a Fortec Lifetime Ultra. I used a blind skan on a KTI 90 cm dish. This is with a Universal LNBF.

Would you all mind humoring me for a second? This is one of those ideas that has no reason, but will stick in the back of my mind until I prove it wrong.
I'm wondering if those with Fortec receivers and a universal LNB, have success blind scanning WYDN, while those using a standard do not. I'm thinking that the blind scan is different when using the Universal LNB setting on the Fortec (maybe others?) receiver.

I don't want to detract from what Stefan said...I'm certain that he's correct. He certainly seems to know what he's talking about. I on the other hand, am just testing out a dumb, baseless theory. :) Also,what HWH said about my receiver being a little more sensitive, might be true too. It's still almost brand new.

So, my question is: If you can blind scan WYDN in, do you have a Universal LNB?
If you can't, do you have a Standard?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Honestly I think it has to do with how much signal you have. Sometimes the signal is at a 30 (threshold for the Pansat) and sometimes its a 50

I can get it with my standard LNB

Tim123,
Yes, I did pick it up with the blind scan, but iceberg is probably right. I have a very strong signal. So for whatever reason (LNBF or dish or receiver or ?) the blind scan saw it.

Tim
I have 4 blind scan boxes (Pansat 1500, Buzz, Fortec Classic and Coolsat 5000). Let me try tonight and see what each one does :)

this is the most responce I've seen one church channel get :D

My 2 cents worth says it's a combination of which reciever and the low SR. And by which reciever, it's not the make of the reciever, but the speed of the blind scan on the reciever. Because of the low SR, if you have a reciever with a slow blind scan, you will have a better chance to scan it in. But, if you have a reciever with a fast(er) blind scan, it probably won't pick it up. Just my 2 cents worth.

Al

voomvoom

That is true. I've scanned items on my Coolsat with the quicky scan and it didnt get it but the "detail" scan it does.

The Buzz unit is bunk for a quick scan. it doesn't hit hardly anything. have to use detail

123tim said:
So, my question is: If you can blind scan WYDN in, do you have a Universal LNB?
If you can't, do you have a Standard?

Thanks for the replies. Hope that I didn't drag this post out further than it had to go, but I just had to know. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)