Wylie, TX update

kevstok

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 21, 2004
Wylie, TX
Hate to be a party pooper but I just talked to my guy at Verizon who works strictly with Video installs and he said the installs for Wylie are still delayed. He does not show any installs in the Wylie area as of today, 01/06/06. They are still having issues at the Central Office with picture quality. Sometimes it is clear, other times it is snowy. They will not release with it this way.

Sorry...
sad.gif

Hopefully in the next few weeks!

Of course it can. Ever had satellite while it's raining?? Whatever is causing the issue, it's holding up the whole deployment in Wylie.

kevstok said:
Of course it can. Ever had satellite while it's raining?? Whatever is causing the issue, it's holding up the whole deployment in Wylie.
never had snow on a satelite signal I would get freezing and pixelation but no snow

Good for Verizon. Last thing we need is another sub-par cable company!

Snow on a digital channel... could it be from an analog source, maybe? Who knows. Maybe they're getting a poor quality feed from Comcast. hahaha :)

-John

jgantert said:
Good for Verizon. Last thing we need is another sub-par cable company!

Snow on a digital channel... could it be from an analog source, maybe? Who knows. Maybe they're getting a poor quality feed from Comcast. hahaha :)

-John

So you would rather they push out the signal like it is? Not me. I would rather they take the time to perfect it and get it right instead of it being like cable.

And "Snow" may be the term he used to cover everything from pixelization to loss of signal, etc. Being a little picky aren't we??

kevstok said:
So you would rather they push out the signal like it is? Not me. I would rather they take the time to perfect it and get it right instead of it being like cable.

No, no! I'm glad they are waiting! :)

-John

I was just informed by my guy at Verizon that they have resolved the issue at the CO and have started taking orders in Wylie. Although, not for my address yet! :(

I just had the FIOS TV service installed this morning. I had originally placed my order on Dec 07, 2005 but due to technical issues it was delayed. I believe they have been installing FIOS TV in Wylie for over a week now

Hey Kev you must live on the South side of 544 like I do. I actually have been calling Verizon every few days and the last time they told me when I get the red hanger on my door I would be able to order it. Well yesterday I come home and there is the red hanger announcing FIOS TV, so I call and tell me that the Marketing Dept is way ahead of the actual turn on of the service. So I was told it was still not available and they could not give me a date as to when.

yep, i am just south of 544 and east of 78. almost on lake ray hubbard in a new community. my contact called me again yesterday and said that it should be in the next couple of weeks for my area. i am in a green area but they havent started there yet.