X-Box, Playstation, and Wii Game News

That'd be good, because lord knows Live Gold hasn't done much to justify costing $10 more than PS+. I suppose there's more access to apps, but if you don't care about streaming content (like me) then it's just $10 more for occasional free games and the ability to play online.

Exclusive pants..

dhXO2kd.jpg

Psycho Dad Shreds Video Games
LOL this might be stage but still funny.. Oh there is some ruff language at times so be aware.. :)

Twitch isn't really a social media website. It's a streaming video service, and is basically the "go to" provider for "Let's Play" and various game streaming services. It's integrated into the Xbone and PS4, so it has a wide install base, as well as used for computer gaming. It has a lot of growth potential in this world where people like Pewdiepie can make $4 million dollars a year streaming game footage. Admittedly, the idea of a company like Amazon buying Twitch does seem rather off, as if they did it just so that Youtube couldn't do it. We'll see what they decide to do with it.

The PS4 has its female superhero

http://www.theverge.com/2014/8/26/6065933/infamous-first-light

Don't look to bad.

I'm still waiting on reviews but it's almost a guarantee that I will play First Light. I liked all the games in the franchise and just like inFamous Festival of Blood you don't need to have the base game to play the DLC. It makes it much easier for a renter like me to play when I don't have to have Gamefly send the disk out again just to play DLC.

The whole reason I didn't play The Last of Us' DLC Left Behind was because I no longer had the game disk. I would have bought it day one but when my queue is full I'm less likely to wait 4 days each way for Gamefly mail on DLC that will take a couple hours to play.

Handling it like this is also a way to get at least a couple bucks out of the used game players who they wouldn't have seen a cent from otherwise. By the time DLC comes out a decent chunk of those people will have already sold the game back to Gamestop.

These PSN outages haven't affected me so far but if something like this were to happen on Destiny's launch date in a couple weeks they would be in some major hot water.

Also, Xbox Live went down on Sunday too. I wasn't able to sign in to Xbox Live and use my EA Access games when I tried this weekend.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/25/xbox-live-problems-linger-as-sign-in-issues-resolved

I hope these hackers are caught and shut down soon. I'll don't understand the point of breaking services people like just to ruin it for them. If they were stealing credit card numbers or something I would still hate them but at least I would understand their motivation. What do they really accomplish by shutting down a service for a couple hours though?

That's not a great price. I understand making it more expensive than the bundle, but if you're buying the Kinect-Less One, I don't see many people jumping in at a price point of $150.