X-Box, Playstation, and Wii Game News

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Who would buy that at that price? It will only be $100 bundled in with the Xbox One.

I think that was the original price for the Kinect on the 360 too. I'm actually surprised that they didn't have this ready as soon as they started selling Xbox One without Kinect. I'm sure there are people who could only afford the $399 price who would have bought a Kinect by now if it was available on its own.

$150 is a little much for the Kinect but apparently they charge $200 for the Windows version so it could be worse. At least they are throwing Dance Central in for that price.

Who would buy that at that price? It will only be $100 bundled in with the Xbox One.

I think that's the point. They want you to just buy the full $500 version with Kinect from the start. This is for people who took the cheaper route from the beginning and then changed their mind. Bundles usually are cheaper than buying each individual item on its own.

Edit: It looks like the Xbox One Kinect is currently selling for $154.99 USED on amazon. This is certainly a better option that that considering you get a new one plus a game.

I find it interesting but not surprising that the current and upcoming Xbone bundles (Madden 15, CoD, and Sunset Overdrive) are Kinect-less. If I were an average consumer in the market for an Xbone, I would certainly be drawn to one of those bundles not knowing what I'd be missing out on with the Kinect. The Kinect install base will only continue to fall as a result and one would assume MS's support and promotion of it, and thereby I can see the Kinect becoming a niche add-on for people who want to play party/family games.

PS: I'm a bit miffed now that Sony didn't do a PS4 Madden 15 bundle. I would've been all over it. Instead, I'll be playing Madden (and everything else for the foreseeable future) on PS3. :(

I think that was the original price for the Kinect on the 360 too. I'm actually surprised that they didn't have this ready as soon as they started selling Xbox One without Kinect. I'm sure there are people who could only afford the $399 price who would have bought a Kinect by now if it was available on its own.

$150 is a little much for the Kinect but apparently they charge $200 for the Windows version so it could be worse. At least they are throwing Dance Central in for that price.

Well you can't compare the PC version price to the One version price because the One is sold at a loss under the assumption that it will be recovered in game sales. The Kinect for PC is essentially for developers and designers. No one is developing games for the PC with the requirement of the Kinect. As far as Dance Central goes, that doesn't seem like much of a selling point. From what I've read, they're doing DC different this year in that they're making it a regular downloadable game with just a few songs at a smaller price, then basically putting everything else up as DLC. I'm not opposed to this, but for the purpose of the stand alone if you're just getting a $15 game for free that's hardly a compelling reason to buy.

Hmm... Wonder what that means for the millions of us who already have a 3DS. The second stick is something that was really missing from the 3DS so I can see why they would want to add one. I'm not sure how well new games will be able to take advantage of it though. Can developers really design their games for two sticks when the vast majority of 3DS systems in the wild only have one? The second "stick" looks more like a weird nub anyways.

The upgraded CPU is something the 3DS really needed though. Browsing the store and downloading games takes forever on my 3DS XL.

New Saints Row game announced.. sort of. It's a stand alone expansion that takes place in Hell, and you don't get to play as your own person, but instead as Johnny Gat..

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/29/6083573/saints-row-gat-out-of-hell-sends-the-saints-to-hell-in-2015

Not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand I love the last two Saints Row games, but a LOT of that had to do with the fact that I really bonded with my created character, as creepy as that sounds. And Gat is FAR from being my favorite character of the series, so being forced to play as him will muddy it up a bit as well. At least they're selling it at a cheaper price, but I don't see myself getting this on Day 1, or not unless they get the price down to $15 by some vendor.

In related (and rather repetitive) news, SR4 is going to be re-released for the One and PS4 with all the DLC included for $30.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/29/6083609/saints-row-4-ps4-xbox-one

As the article mentions it's not an unusual occurrence in sports games for players who are suspended for an extended period of time or who suffer season/career ending injuries to be removed in the game's next roster update, which happens frequently after the game's launch. In other words, not really news per se, just business as usual.

The sad thing is it took video evidence and the corresponding public outcry for the league to give Rice more than a two-game suspension. There are dozens of other athletes still playing and making 10s of millions of dollars who committed similar if not worse acts of domestic violence and only ever got a slap on the wrist, if anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)