X-Box, Playstation, and Wii Game News

Eurogamer got a pretty lengthy interview with TellTale's Communications Director about the future of the company. Some good news, some not so great news, mixed in with some interesting tidbits.

Telltale talks The Wolf Among Us' return and Game of Thrones being "on hold"

It's definitely an interesting interview. I'm a little bummed we won't be seeing any more Game of Thrones in the near future and I'm really bummed that another season of Tales from the Borderlands seems even less uncertain than that.

I guess I should finish the DLC eventually. A lot of people didn't like this game as much as Fallout 3 or New Vegas but I thought it was really good.

I don't see what's not to like about Fallout 4. I loved Fallout 3 and is still a fantastic game but so it 4. I feel like Fallout 4 is a never ending game. It's my most played game and I still haven't finished the main quest because I spend so much time working on settlements and screwing around.

Yeah I think you missed something. That game had a TON of hype and buildup to its release. Whether it lived up to all of it is another question. I personally don't think it did. I was lukewarm to it and it won my most disappointing GOTY.
Hmm... I definitely own it on Steam but I never played it. I don't remember any hype for it but I might not have been paying as much attention to games back when it came out.

I don't see what's not to like about Fallout 4. I loved Fallout 3 and is still a fantastic game but so it 4. I feel like Fallout 4 is a never ending game. It's my most played game and I still haven't finished the main quest because I spend so much time working on settlements and screwing around.

I'm with you. I thought Fallout 4 was great, even if the main quest line wasn't as good as most of the side stuff. That didn't stop me from putting a lot of hours into it.

According to Kevin Conroy (The famous voice of Batman in the Arkham games) there are no more Arkham games planned.

I think that there's still going to be Batman games, but I wouldn't be surprised if A: They decide to get a new voice actor and B: They decide to go away from making "Arkham" the tag line of it.

So, apparently Bethesda is releasing a brand new unannounced game before the end of the year.

I'd love if it turned out to be New Vegas 2 or some other Obsidian made Fallout Game.

I apologize for not having a link as it has been removed, but a UK Retailer listed a Shenmue 1 + 2 collection for Xbox One and PS4 over the weekend. Maybe we'll see a re-release to capitalize on the upcoming 3rd game, although it's going to be a little bittersweet for One owners since the third game is only coming to the PS4 and PC (Sony is helping to finance it)

I wonder how smart this is though. Shenmue was definitely revolutionary and groundbreaking when it was released (and is credited as the first game to popularize Quick Time Events) but I don't know how well those games hold up nowadays. It may actually turn people off if they think the third is just more of the 1st and 2nd games.

Edit: Apparently multiple retailers had this: Shenmue 1 & 2 Pack for PS4 and Xbox One Possibly Leaked

According to Kevin Conroy (The famous voice of Batman in the Arkham games) there are no more Arkham games planned.

I think that there's still going to be Batman games, but I wouldn't be surprised if A: They decide to get a new voice actor and B: They decide to go away from making "Arkham" the tag line of it.

I have a hard time believing that Rocksteady isn't working on something related to DC. Arkham Knight was supposedly the last Arkham game but there are lots of other DC characters they could build a game around. If Kevin Conroy isn't involved in what they are working on right now the rumors that it will be Justice League game are probably false. I can't imagine why they would want anyone else to play Batman.

So, apparently Bethesda is releasing a brand new unannounced game before the end of the year.

I'd love if it turned out to be New Vegas 2 or some other Obsidian made Fallout Game.

I hope it's not something like Fallout Shelter. That game was cool for what it was but it's not the kind of Bethesda game that I'm going to get excited about. I just have a hard time believing that it's a AAA release when we are almost half way through September and they don't have it up for preorder and there haven't been any leaks.

I have a hard time believing that Rocksteady isn't working on something related to DC. Arkham Knight was supposedly the last Arkham game but there are lots of other DC characters they could build a game around. If Kevin Conroy isn't involved in what they are working on right now the rumors that it will be Justice League game are probably false. I can't imagine why they would want anyone else to play Batman.
You never know. Just because he's done well for the role doesn't mean they don't want someone else or someone cheaper. Hell, David Hayter was THE voice of Solid Snake for the vast majority of the Metal Gear Solid series, but Kojima made him AUDITION for MGS 3 (allegedly they were trying to get Kurt Russel) and 4, and eventually kicked him out for 5 in favor of Keifer Sutherland.

Also, note that he said ARKHAM games. He never said anything about not being involved in any OTHER games. I'm sure he's done with Arkham but that doesn't mean they're not working on something else.

You never know. Just because he's done well for the role doesn't mean they don't want someone else or someone cheaper. Hell, David Hayter was THE voice of Solid Snake for the vast majority of the Metal Gear Solid series, but Kojima made him AUDITION for MGS 3 (allegedly they were trying to get Kurt Russel) and 4, and eventually kicked him out for 5 in favor of Keifer Sutherland.

Also, note that he said ARKHAM games. He never said anything about not being involved in any OTHER games. I'm sure he's done with Arkham but that doesn't mean they're not working on something else.

Kevin Conroy has been Batman in pretty much everything that wasn't a live action film since the animated series in the 90s. I know they used someone else in Arkham Origins but that was a lower budget, side game made by a different studio. I can't see them doing that for a mainline Rocksteady game.

It could be another Batman game that isn't in the Arkham Series but I kind of hope it isn't. How would that even work? Make a completely new universe that isn't related to the events of the last 4 games? They could do that but they have already done some pretty good world building. It would make much more sense to me to continue to build out that world with other DC characters as the focus. They could bring Batman back in and start building towards the Justice League.

I do think it would be weird to continue the story they have already built with new Batman games. It's definitely not impossible and there are probably comic book story lines that could make it work that I have no knowledge of because I never really read DC. I just think it would be awkward given the events of the previous games.

Arkham Knight ends with the world finding out that Batman is Bruce Wayne. He also blows up Wayne Manor/The Batcave and leaves town. It sure seemed like that was his official retirement. They have also done a prequel that fans didn't like too much already so trying that again probably isn't a good idea right now.

While Overwatch is having a free weekend coming up (and reaping in more money than God) Battleborn has finally been put down, so to speak. The game is now in "Maintenance Mode" which means that there will be no more content produced for the ill-fated game after the Fall Update.

Battleborn quietly closing down, 15 months after launch

While I'm no fan of Gearbox and while I think that Randy Pitchford is a spiteful, pitiful human being, I feel for all the developers who were there working on this game for years just to see it die like this. As a developer myself I've seen projects get thrown out after working on them for extended periods, but nothing at this level. I can't imagine the disappointment those developers must be feeling right now. I know they've likely moved on to other projects but it's never good to have a black spot like that on your resume.

Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite's review embargo has been lifted. Overall the reviews are positive, but there's common themes that the graphics are a bit awful, and the story mode isn't drawing any favorable comparisons to Injustice 2. Also, the core mechanics have been so overhauled that there's a belief that some players will be turned off.

It appears that Fortnite, an Early Access game from Epic, temporarily allowed true cross play by having PSN and XB1 gamers playing together. Unfortunately it appears this was NOT intentional and it was later disabled.

https://kotaku.com/epic-accidentally-allows-xbox-and-ps4-cross-play-on-for-1818518611

Seriously, I just wish at this point that all the game publishers just say "F*ck you" to Sony and enable cross play on all their games. I mean, what is Sony going to do other than give them a reprimand? If they were to shut off the games, public backlash would be tremendous, more than it is already. I'm tired of this walled-garden gameplay. If Sony isn't willing to do it the easy way, then I say force them to do it the hard way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)