X-Box, Playstation, and Wii Game News

Big news: IO Interactive is being dropped by Square Enix. Hopefully they can find an investor/publisher to take them in.

http://gematsu.com/2017/05/square-enix-withdraws-io-interactive-negotiating-potential-investors

http://www.ioi.dk/the-future-of-ioi/

There has been a lot of speculation about which publisher would buy IO Interactive and whether the Hitman IP would be part of that deal since the news broke that Square Enix wanted to divest them. The answer ended up being that no publisher would buy IO Interactive.

In a surprising move the management of IO Interactive was able to buy the company from Square Enix themselves. They are now a fully independent studio and they were able to secure the rights to the Hitman IP in the negotiations.

As a big fan of the most recent Hitman game this is pretty huge news. Not only does IO get to keep making Hitman, they have complete creative control over it. I wonder if they are still able to continue with the Season 2 plans or if the previous game is still Square's property and they need to build a new game from the ground up. Either way I'm looking forward to it.

It's cool that it's going to be stand alone but at that price I'm not sure they should even bother.
It should also be pointed out that you don't even get the "full" remaster with that. You still need to get the $15 DLC if you want that, so you're paying $55.

Nintendo has announced the SNES Classic

Super Nintendo Entertainment System™: Super NES Classic Edition – Official site
Nintendo: Super NES Classic Edition with 21 games will hit stores in September

The Super NES Classic Edition will come with 21 classic games installed, including Donkey Kong Country, Final Fantasy III and Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. A never before released sequel to Super NES classic Star Fox will also be released with the console.

The consoles will be sold starting Sept. 29 at a suggested retail price of $79.99, according to Nintendo.

The Super NES Classic Edition will have the same look and feel as the original, according to Nintendo, only smaller.

The company said the following games will come with the system:

• Contra III: The Alien Wars
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • EarthBound
  • Final Fantasy III
  • F-ZERO
  • Kirby Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Mega Man X
  • Secret of Mana
  • Star Fox
  • Star Fox 2
  • Street Fighter® II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
  • Super Castlevania IV
  • Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Metroid
  • Super Punch-Out!!
  • Yoshi’s Island

Telltale made some announcements about their upcoming release schedule. We're getting another season of Batman, the next Walking Dead Season will be the last, and most importantly, The Wolf Among Us is FINALLY getting a 2nd season.

Doom 2016 (My GOTY for 2016) is having it's big 6.66 version update, which includes revamped multiplayer, all DLC being released to everyone, and some free weekends for various platforms. Oh, and the game is currently $15.

Bethesda.net

There's no reason to not buy the game at this price unless you have a MASSIVE hatred towards violent fast paced FPS games.

Doom 2016 (My GOTY for 2016) is having it's big 6.66 version update, which includes revamped multiplayer, all DLC being released to everyone, and some free weekends for various platforms. Oh, and the game is currently $15.

Bethesda.net

There's no reason to not buy the game at this price unless you have a MASSIVE hatred towards violent fast paced FPS games.

Definitely but the game for $15. Maybe ignore the multiplayer even with all the DLC included.

I'm looking forward to all 3. If you want to catch up on the previous games in these series check out the current Humble Bundle.
Humble Telltale Bundle (pay what you want and help charity)

Actually TWAU isn't in the bundle. I'm willing to bet it'll come in next week, along with Strong Bad's Game For Attractive People and BTTF.

I was going to say that Wallace and Gromit would come in also, but then I remembered that that game isn't sold anymore due to licensing issues.

The WNBA is coming to NBA Live 18

More options are always good but I predict that this will be about as popular as the WNBA is, or NBA Live is for that matter. I haven't played basketball games in a few years but I used to be very into sports sim games. No one who actually cares about basketball sims is going to choose NBA Live over NBA 2K.

More options are always good but I predict that this will be about as popular as the WNBA is, or NBA Live is for that matter. I haven't played basketball games in a few years but I used to be very into sports sim games. No one who actually cares about basketball sims is going to choose NBA Live over NBA 2K.
I might go back to NBA Live if they brought back the series' original theme music. Yes, this was the first game in EA's NBA series. Hell it's so old that it was back when Michael Jordan could be used in video games.

Edit: WOW, the PC version is REALLY bad..

Lakers versus Celtics and the NBA Playoffs : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

Reactions: satjay
Agents of Mayhem comes out today and the review embargo has been lifted. While the consensus seems to be more positive than negative (and there definitely are a tangible number of negative reviews), there's definitely a common theme of repetition, lack of achieving full potential, and generally a letdown from the popular Saints Row series. Regardless I'm looking forward to my copy arriving in the next few days.

I might go back to NBA Live if they brought back the series' original theme music. Yes, this was the first game in EA's NBA series. Hell it's so old that it was back when Michael Jordan could be used in video games.

Edit: WOW, the PC version is REALLY bad..

Lakers versus Celtics and the NBA Playoffs : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

Brings back some old memories, might have to fire up the sega.....or we go way back and play Bird VS. Jordan on the PC lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts