X-Ray Picture

jsb_hburg

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 12, 2003
Has anyone experienced what looks like a frozen black and white X-ray picture caused by the Dish 811? I try to change DVI input on the switcher and to component on the HDTV but nothing happens. My HDTV is a DLP; so I am trying to figure out if a service call is in order.

It happened again this morning. The last time I saw it was a couple of months ago.

Any thoughts?

jsb_hburg said:
Has anyone experienced what looks like a frozen black and white X-ray picture caused by the Dish 811? I try to change DVI input on the switcher and to component on the HDTV but nothing happens. My HDTV is a DLP; so I am trying to figure out if a service call is in order.

It happened again this morning. The last time I saw it was a couple of months ago.

Any thoughts?

Yes, I have had this problem. I don't think that it the 811.This happened a few times on my 2 YO Samsung 50" DLP. The first time it happened everything was on a surge protector. I just recycled the power to reboot everything. Everything came back to normal.

To eleminate the 811 I pluged the TV into the wall outlet. It did it again so I pulled the TV plug it worked fine afterwards. The receiver was left on the surge porotector.

All this happened about three weeks ago and has never happened since.

The first time this occured I did a soft reboot with the 811 leaving the TV on. It did not cure the negative looking picture.

Samsung says the cure is to turn off the DLP, wait for the lamp and fan cycle, turn it back on, then call your satellite provider about the problem with its set-top-box.

jsb_hburg said:
Samsung says the cure is to turn off the DLP, wait for the lamp and fan cycle, turn it back on, then call your satellite provider about the problem with its set-top-box.
Interesting reply from Samsung. So Samsung thinks the box causes the problem. Everything has been fine for several weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)