X1 DVR

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
I saw the Guide of the X1 and noticed it is much better than the older guide they used to have. I played with my friends X1 tonight and I was impressed . What's the HD space on it? How many shows can it record at once? I thought that it used a cloud so tuners didn't matter? Can you attach an EHD to it? What's your thoughts on the X1?

The X1 DVR is nice, but it still has a few glitches. Sometimes the response times to your requests are a bit long and occasionally it will not respond at all, especially when working with the list of recordings. I was having more trouble until recently when a user here advised rebooting once a week. That seems to make it work better.

I don't know the size of the hard drive, but it fills up pretty fast. I have to make sure I delete anything I don't want so that it won't delete stuff I do want to keep. When it gets close to getting full, it starts deleting the older files.

I think four shows is the maximum for recording. I know it will do four, but I haven't tried five.

All of the "On Demand" programs are on the cloud and they download quickly and play smoothly.

I don't know of any way to attach an external hard drive to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)