X2 Editor

I loaded it on W7 yesterday and got errors when I did. I didn't try to use it, just uninstalled it, rebooted into Win XP and used it there. That thing is buggy though as I had it crash twice loosing what I had done both times.

I recalled when the very first editor for the Openbox came out. It tooked weeks/ months to everyone to get familiarized. As time goes on it was identified some bugs such as the missing of H264/ AC3 / AAC which were later added. Now that everyone get to use it is a more friendly user. So , take your time , play a bit, there is always something new to learn. It tooked me a while a yes several crash but I find my way around!

I loaded it on W7 yesterday and got errors when I did. I didn't try to use it, just uninstalled it, rebooted into Win XP and used it there. That thing is buggy though as I had it crash twice loosing what I had done both times.
Yes, I got a few DLL errors when I installed it on Win 7 also. When the receiver gets delivered in about an hour from now or so, I will get the chance to see what happens.

I recalled when the very first editor for the Openbox came out. It tooked weeks/ months to everyone to get familiarized. As time goes on it was identified some bugs such as the missing of H264/ AC3 / AAC which were later added. Now that everyone get to use it is a more friendly user. So , take your time , play a bit, there is always something new to learn. It tooked me a while a yes several crash but I find my way around!
Agreed. I really like the editor for the openbox at this time. It works well and does the job. Maybe as time goes by, the one for the X2 will improve. I will try it on XP and see what happens there.
RT

Yes, I got a few DLL errors when I installed it on Win 7 also. When the receiver gets delivered in about an hour from now or so, I will get the chance to see what happens.
Agreed. I really like the editor for the openbox at this time. It works well and does the job. Maybe as time goes by, the one for the X2 will improve. I will try it on XP and see what happens there.
RT
be aware there were 3 different versions of the editor,you have to match the editor to the firmware.
Version 1 was for firmware from original to march 2013,the second was from march to august,the 3rd from august onward.

There is an August 15th channel editor that was released to work with Win7/8. I used a null cable and the EZM to load back my edited database to the X2. As mentioned I couldn't do it using the USB.

Attachments

• X2 Premium-Editor.zip
    9.9 MB · Views: 581
Last edited:
There is an August 15th channel editor that was released to work with Win7/8. I used a null cable and the EZM to load back my edited database to the X2. As mentioned I couldn't do it using the USB.
And the file you left here did load to win 7 w/o any errors. But the program didn't work. I have sw ver Sept. 17, 2013. Attempt to connect with rs232 error to a time out. Then you have to pull the plug. Maybe some day.......
RT

And the file you left here did load to win 7 w/o any errors. But the program didn't work. I have sw ver Sept. 17, 2013. Attempt to connect with rs232 error to a time out. Then you have to pull the plug. Maybe some day.......
RT

Thanks a lot you guys didn't beta test the editor for the Openboxes back in the days. Its easy to drop and maybe some day. There were a lot of people testing until a Ali editor was finally developed almost bug free. There were tons of problems and system crashing when it was originally released. Thanks to all those efforts today all the boxes using Ali chips can have a good working channel editor. The X2 editor is running fine. Sometimes you need to try several times to get the file to load without getting the time out error. Similar to getting the right synchronization for the original releases on the Openboxes. I found out that if you unplug the video cable (HDMI) from the box it runs faster and pass thru without the timeout error.

.....Its easy to drop and maybe some day.
Oh, I am not going to stop trying to get the editor to work. You need one of those to "fix" things in your box that you can not do without one.
The X2 editor is running fine. Sometimes you need to try several times to get the file to load without getting the time out error....... I found out that if you unplug the video cable (HDMI) from the box it runs faster and pass thru without the timeout error.

That is good to know. I will try that.

One of the big problems with these and other receivers and devices from China is the manual. Written by some one in China that know "some" English. Their translations end up, at times, being impossible to understand. A good manual needs more information than a statement of "Make the unit work."

I will keep on trying.
RT

One of the big problems with these and other receivers and devices from China is the manual. Written by some one in China that know "some" English. Their translations end up, at times, being impossible to understand. A good manual needs more information than a statement of "Make the unit work."
RT

So very true! The small print too, most of the Chinese manuals are about the size of a pack of cigarettes and the print is so small that it's absolutely horrendous to read.

I just had a brain fart on this Diseq1.2 problem. When you guys say you start with P1 then go to P2 ect, are you starting with 139W as P1 or do you start from the East end?

I just had a brain fart on this Diseq1.2 problem. When you guys say you start with P1 then go to P2 ect, are you starting with 139W as P1 or do you start from the East end?
I think your "P" numbers are the storage numbers in your V-Box, correct? If so, then in my setup, they represent various satellites scattered all over the arc. So when I set up my X2 using X2 position number 1 it was G-Box number 1 but satellite 135. Next was X2 position number 2 and G-Box number 2 but satellite 103 and so on. That is why my satellites are in a mixed up list when I press the sat button on the remote. I NEED an editor I can get to work to fix this problem.
RT

Here is one called Set Edit 100 from Germany that I bought for the OpenBox S-9 and also used it on the Manhattan. It costs about $30 for the registered version, but there is a free trial download that is limited to about 10 channel edits to test on your box. It seems to work on most ALI chipsets, someone with a X2 might give it a try.

http://www.setedit.de/startup_d.html

Not that I'm that good with any of these editor programs, but the X2 one seems to work Ok for the most part except for the occasional crash when I do something it obviously doesn't like. I've got it running on Windowz XP x64 and if it works on that, it shouldn't be a problem for x32.

Keep in mind here though that I DO NOT HAVE THE RECEIVER CONNECTED TO MY COMPUTER VIA 232! All the channel edits I've done were with a USB drive and that seems to work without a hitch at this point. All the firmware installs were via USB also and none of those have shown any problems.

Here is one called Set Edit 100 from Germany that I bought for the OpenBox S-9 and also used it on the Manhattan. It costs about $30 for the registered version, but there is a free trial download that is limited to about 10 channel edits to test on your box. It seems to work on most ALI chipsets, someone with a X2 might give it a try.

http://www.setedit.de/startup_d.html

The X2 is NOT an Ali chipset.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts