OTHER X2 Premium HD PVR Satellite Receiver

So is the USALS Fixed on this box with the latest updates? Looks like a great priced box with excellent features? I'm seriously considering this box, but I really need it to work with DISEqC 1.2 and USALS. I need it to controll my C-Band through a VBox and STAB HH through USALS. Anything I need to know??

Last edited:
Not fixed according to my 1/19 post.

Also, the STB continues to go into an "Over Current" shutdown when powering a dual output LNBF, DiSEqC 4x1 and initiating a HH motor motor move on a 90cm dish.

21 pages of posts pretty much tells all!

I read your post but someone else said it was working ok for them?? I have gone through all 50 pages before I asked. I saw someone say it was fixed and working up to what they expected.

The user reported a work around the USALS issues by instead using DiSEqC 1.2 positioning, but this mode only supports 32 positions.

I used to suggest that it was a good option for a fixed dish install, but since they misrepresented their licensing and stole our graphics, I have changed my recommendation to a "NO BUY".

Yep I pondered getting one of these at one time, but I must have USALS, and firmware will never fixed an underpowered power supply. I have a couple of switches in my set-up.
Then they put a bad taste in my mouth hearing that they stole graphics.
I will wait for the 1200.

Plenty of other receiver options out there that work great and will control your motors, switches and LNBFs. This just isn't the one that fits your needs.

Yupp.. am happy with mine too. Gotta love the trolls here :D

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Can someone confirm USALS and DISEqC work ok? I'd really like to try this receiver it is under half price of the geosatpro and money is tight right now. I want an AZBox premium plus HD for 4:2:2 but dang at 350+ I can't afford that right now. In the future I would like to buy the geosatpro and an AZBox but there going to have to wait a little while. I just want a cheap decent feature packed receiver to see if ill even use it first.

GetBit03, i have a very good track record for telling it as it is and known to be a straight shooter with my facts and not just trying to make a sale.

The USALS and switch issues and the over limit current issue are real and still exist. Your setup has motors switches multiple LNBFs. Just the weaknesses of this unit. Just my advice, take it for what it is worth. Haven't heard anyone suggest that the problems have been fixed since the 2/5 when you asked the same questions?

Pro96, If you consider my posts one of the trolls, care to share any inaccuracies with my reviews and comments?

Last edited:
I understand, read and am taking into consideration what you said SatelliteAV and i never said or implied you were trying to make a sale. If i had enough money i would own a Micro HD and An AZBox already. I was asking the others their opinions and experiences. If I can purchase a cheap receiver to get me going until I can afford a better one it would really help me a ton right now.

GetBit03, i have a very good track record for telling it as it is and known to be a straight shooter with my facts and not just trying to make a sale.

The USALS and switch issues and the over limit current issue are real and still exist. Your setup has motors switches multiple LNBFs. Just the weaknesses of this unit. Just my advice, take it for what it is worth. Haven't heard anyone suggest that the problems have been fixed since the 2/5 when you asked the same questions?

Pro96, If you consider my posts one of the trolls, care to share any inaccuracies with my reviews and comments?

I don't have a dog in this fight, I own both a microHD and an X2 Premium.

Having said that.........

How many units have been shown to have this issue?

If it's just one unit maybe that unique to that sample. I'm talking of the overcurrent issue. It sounds like the protection circuit is working in that case.

It will work well if not trying to use USALS and switches together. Make sure that your switches do not pass power simultaneously to multiple LNBFs, otherwise the over current warning with a motor movement will require power cycle to reset.

hags, this is the second X2 that had over current problem. The first unit was replaced under warranty when it went DOA.

Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra, Coolsat 4000, Visionsat, Openbox S9, GEOSATpro 100, 200, 1100 and microHD do not have over current issues with same set-up.

Last edited:
alternate thought

GetBit -
If you are on a tight budget for now, how 'bout a well respected last-generation receiver?
Coolsat 5000 or 6000 (with custom firmware), Fortec Mercury II, Visionsat IV200 (PVR feature).
Others may add receivers, or post issues with these.
Basically, you won't get S2.
But you will get a used receiver for cheap ($20-30?).
You'll waste less money which you can spend later.

Getbit, anole has a great point. In fact I have a can't recall name DVB mpeg2 STB I will give you free just pay shipping I think it would be $9 or $10. Just pm :)

I want an AZBox premium plus HD for 4:2:2 but dang at 350+ I can't afford that right now. In the future I would like to buy the geosatpro and an AZBox but there going to have to wait a little while. I just want a cheap decent feature packed receiver to see if ill even use it first.

If money is tight then rather than spending $350 for an AZBox Premium HD Plus, why not get the AZBox miniMe American edition instead and still get DVB-S2, HD and 4:2:2 for only $229. :D Only thing is that you can't install an internal HDD but it does have both USB 2.0 and eSATA ports to connect an external drive. Also it does not come with built in WiFi but wireless support can be added by purchasing the optional WaveFocus wireless USB adapter.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada