OTHER X2 Premium HD PVR Satellite Receiver

did you use a stick or external hd enclosure ? or.......

how's the heat of unit ?
thanks

32GB USB drive I got a frys for $17.99

as far as heat.. not hotter then the Miami Heat thats for sure hehe.
but on the serious side, Its actually between cold and 20% warmish.

I will be doing more "testing" probably tomorrow and or Friday.
This time will be on CBAND 99w and perhaps even the Satmex 8 CBAND to see the lower symbol rate blind scan.

as a laker fan don't you want them to lose ?

as a cav/laker fan i do.

thanks

Nahhh we have prenty of Championship banners at Staples Center.. let a new champion like the Heat take over :D

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Ok tomorrow Friday am working from home so I will be able to do more testing between the x2 ane mhd..

CBAND Blind Scan from Galaxy 16 99w and probably also Satmex 8 116w.

Stay tuned for my personal results.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

OK just got done with my CBAND test at 99w G16 using my 6FT solid dish and single cband lnb not combo.

microhd found 55 channels in 8:36 seconds

x2 premium hd found 67 channels in 2:36 seconds.

One key channel that was found on the X2 was the (3) ABC-HD channels with plenty of signal. But the microhd did not find these channels at all with detail blind scan.

here is the results video.

http://youtu.be/6E4lJ_iy3as

next is Satmex 8 CBAND sometime today or this weekend.

with a standard ku linear lnb it scans the full range of 11700-12750,which makes it even more impressibve than the receivers that only scan 11700 to 12200

How's it do scanning radio channels. ?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

blind scan test at 103w KU

microhd found 38 AUDIO channels in 13:35 seconds

x2 premium hd found 160 AUDIO channels in 3:25 seconds

didnt do video on this cause my phone is charging at 15% too low to record

I think you addressed this before, but couldn't find it in the 76 pages (so far :) )... I'm assuming you use the X2 for a long period. How hot does the box get compared to some of the other STBs? Is there a way to use a computer with a channel editor for this STB? Also, have you found any disadvantages (other than no 4:2:2 haha)?

blind scan test at 103w KU

microhd found 38 AUDIO channels in 13:35 seconds

x2 premium hd found 160 AUDIO channels in 3:25 seconds

didnt do video on this cause my phone is charging at 15% too low to record

What????????????????????:behindsofa: get ready!!

Once again, the obvious question.... Why are you comparing scan times using the detailed mode on the microHD? What are the scan results using the normal mode? I would only use the detailed mode on transponders with non DVB compliant tables.

Your play by play analysis would crack me up if it really described why channels are quickly appearing on the X2 list. Duh!!! The X2 logs channels as the transponder is found vs the microHD logs the channels after all transponders are found.

Curious why ABC channels aren't scanning on your system. These scan with no issues on our test systems. Might be adjacent satellite interference with your 6' dish? This might be a good example of why we might decrease the tuner sensitivity (menu option) to work better with dishes that are not 2 degree compliant. What works better on big dishes does not always work good with smaller dishes.

I think you addressed this before, but couldn't find it in the 76 pages (so far :) )... I'm assuming you use the X2 for a long period. How hot does the box get compared to some of the other STBs? Is there a way to use a computer with a channel editor for this STB? Also, have you found any disadvantages (other than no 4:2:2 haha)?

The biggest disadvantage was indeed not having 422 :eek: .. but then again for a $56 STB what do you expect.

Compared to other STBs I own, well it kills the opensat s9 s10 hands down.

My main challenger was the microhd and as you guys can see in my tests.. the results speak for themselves.

The biggest disadvantage was indeed not having 422 :eek: .. but then again for a $56 STB what do you expect.

Compared to other STBs I own, well it kills the opensat s9 s10 hands down.

My main challenger was the microhd and as you guys can see in my tests.. the results speak for themselves.

To be fair and to compare apples to apples is a $54 w/free shipping against $125 +shipping!!

To be fair and to compare apples to apples is a $54 w/free shipping against $125 +shipping!!

Carlos.. se van enojar los odiosos :eek:
But thanks for clarifying that again :thumbup:

Satmex 8 Cband results.

Microhd 65 @ 8mins
X2 Premium 68 @ 4:34mins.

Satmex 6 Cband

Microhd 53 @ 7:34
X2 Premium HD 64 @ 3:37mins

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)