OTHER X2 Premium HD PVR Satellite Receiver

What New:

1- Fix Motor and USALS with the DiSEqC (Which was cause Motor Stop or no respond)
2- Improve Software performance
3- Add RedCam & HADEC support to IKS

FYI... No changes to the USALS or switch control operation issues with new firmware. Have not observed any improvements over the original firmware release reviews.

Would you mind posting the update notes with your notices of new firmware releases?

Easy boy!! why being so hard on competition. They're trying really hard. 3 firmware releases in the last month or so. This is not an official forum releases, just add it as FYI for those with the unit. I'm crazy to get a Micro but everyday you push me away.

-fixed the motor issue

1- Fix Motor and USALS with the DiSEqC (Which was cause Motor Stop or no respond)
2- Improve Software performance
3- Add RedCam & HADEC support to IKS

Easy boy!! why being so hard on competition. They're trying really hard. 3 firmware releases in the last month or so. This is not an official forum releases, just add it as FYI for those with the unit. I'm crazy to get a Micro but everyday you push me away.

He's not being hard in my view he's just passionate about fta and likes things to work perfect.

It seems to me that this STB is for the I steal service crowd every update has something with IKS.

If you want to support Americans you could always get a rs-1933 or dbs6000HD if you don't want a microHD.

Last edited:
He's not being hard in my view he's just passionate about fta and likes things to work perfect.

It seems to me that this STB is for the I steal service crowd every update has something with IKS.

If you want to support Americans you could always get a rs-1933 or dbs6000HD if you don't want a microHD.[/QUOTE

Do you owned a X2 or Micro??? I know, another more behind the curtain and another more to the crew!! ja , ja , ja , ja

Nobody is perfect and the FTA STBs is not out of that loop. I owned a Manhattan or can get any one w/out any IKS capacities. Nothing to do with you or me as an owner. I dont use it and dont like it, love my FTA system and will always do. More and more brands keep adding the feature there, its up to you to use it. I regreat and condenm the use of. This post has nothing to do with this. So keep enjoying you Micro, I hope someday we can have a FTA box with everything we like (who work perfect, like you said). So please stop going after other FTA brands which are not what you want to give it a hand and let the market going on!! At the end we as customer will benefit from!!!!!!!

Actually selling boxes with any IKS compatability is a violation of United States DMCA Laws and because of that they can not legally be sold here in the United States.

I actually report any boxes that have factory firmware or factory updates that can support IKS which are being sold here in the USA. Those companies making or selling these boxes here in the USA might want to think twice and stay legit. Contrary to what many believe stealing satellite services is not realy FTA...

By the way they just released another updated.. I guess people against competition will keep complaint. Way to many updates in a month and so. Are we talking about support at all???.

X2 - Loader (DOWNLOAD)
--------------

What is need: RS-232 Cable

People against competition

Competition is the best thing ever. But only when it's fair.

I am glad your getting new updates. I'm glad your enjoying your new toy. I hope you can enjoy it for years to come. :)

Competition is the best thing ever. But only when it's fair.

I am glad your getting new updates. I'm glad your enjoying your new toy. I hope you can enjoy it for years to come. :)

I'm really glad to read or hear this!! If anyone can follow what you just wrote this post will never exist!!

I'm really glad to read or hear this!! If anyone can follow what you just wrote this post will never exist!!

LOL!!!

That's a dyslexic for you.

Why are you getting so bent out of shape?

LOL!!!

That's a dyslexic for you.

Why are you getting so bent out of shape?

Because people keep jumping on other brands anytime they come up with an update. Go back on the post and you will see that I only let X2 owners that a new release was available, nothing more. Why not give credit to people who work hard to solve problems in this hobby??? It doesnt matter which brand. Why?? because it is not what you have?? Why bring another issues as to who meet us regulatories agency or not??? Thats way out of my hand.. I dont work for the goverment. its not fair.

Carlos43,

Don't take this so personal. Since you had only been posting "new firmware available", I was simply asking that you include the upgrade notes so we would know at a glance what they are improving.

I own an X2 and tested the new firmware before I posted. I am not coming down hard on the competition. I provided a very fair and accurate reviews of the receiver. If you would reread my previous posts, I was complimentary for the receiver's operation if used on a non-motorized system. My only operational issue has been and continues to be the problems with the motor / switch control and the 350ma rating unable to power a motor and LNBFs without going into "Over Current".

Two version notes have now stated stated that that they have improved the USALS and switch control. I have not noted any improvements from my original review. Sorry that you feel that I am picking on the STB, but I simply stated that the motor and switch control still remains an issue with the new firmware.

The STB is a good unit if a customer has a fixed dish system. :D

I ran the firmware tonight and once I reset my diseqc settings it switched from my other port fixed dishes back to the sg2100 dish and also moved to the right spot. This was a big problem before. I am running a 4 to 1 diseqc switch with 3 22khz switches and a dmx741 lnb on the last port. So I am maxed out at 8 lnbs used with my setup. My mount has been off for awhile so I can't retest the USALS function and I am too lazy to climb up onto the ladder tonight and fix the dish when its 20 degrees. I probably won't be able to fix the dish until monday but I will post my findings at that point.

There is a glitch in this firmware where the signal meter drops out when bumping the dish in the diseqc setting section. The signal meter doesn't pop back up until you cycle out of the screen and back in. I am sure they will fix it soon.

I haven't experienced any over current issues and I am running a 39"ku dish with an sg2100 and it has been in the 20s here. The cable run is probably 100 feet or so.

Brian, what dish/motor combination are you able to over current the receiver with?

I am looking forward to being able to use this box more as it is my best blind scanning box I own and it finds way more channels than the openboxes I own. I would like to put it up against any other receiver in a blind scanning duel and see what box wins. The only feed that my Openbox S10 plays more consistently than this box is FSTV on 123w. Speed and accuracy are top notch with this. If I found a receiver that was substantially better on the blind scan I would probably buy it and sell off some more of my receivers.

I agree! I have a Micro and its a good unit, but nothing I have has been as good/fast for scanning as my X2. I use it w/motorized 10' dmx741 C and Ku band. I know my dish/pole is not quite perfect but I see sats from 55w to 139w. I have sathawx 800/ s10 and 2 older fortec star ultras. The fortec is next best for scanning and provides more info about what I am looking at. The X2 does not get as hot as the micro, which was a concern to me and I feel safer about it. This is a fun hobby, one I can afford with a limited income. Lets not take the fun out of it. Remember its a hobby.

I am using a 150 foot run of quad RG6 with a gs120 motor, dual PLL LNBF (185ma) a 90cm dish, Ecoda 22khz and a fixed 1.2 with C2 LNBF. When a vertical channel is selected and the motor tries to move, the "over current" message immediately displays. Several other competitor STBs are used on this configuration without issue.

I also performed a master reset before testing. Seems like the switch control issues are complicated when USALS is selected.

I feel like I am out of the loop. But the X2's are not available that I can find.

ke4est said:
I feel like I am out of the loop. But the X2's are not available that I can find.

Me too I wish I ordered one too. Instead I got that POS from Digiwave the rock star pvr 9003. (No software updates yet boo)

Will someone time the blindscan with a stop watch on a X2?