OTHER X2 Premium HD PVR Satellite Receiver

the inscription on the back says the "lnb in" is good for 400ma max
The power supply according to the silk screened connector is just 5v,3.3v and 12v
so they must get the 18v from another supply on the mainboard itself

Last edited:
i will go back thru and copy them when i get a bit of time, am at work now and dont have time to search the thread for all the ones on bandstacked.

edit -my post were not on the current trail, but rather i have renewed interest because Anole pointed out that this box continues to have support... still.
k, lets see.

Last edited:
How can I tell if I have an underpower issue? My motor does seem a bit slow at times and signal isnt all that it could be. But, do I just slap a multimeter on the co-ax and see what it has? What kind of symptom would I see?

The power issue that I had documented is not with the speed of the motor movement. The motor speed appears to be comparable to other STBs and of course, the speed of movement is depending on the 18v (horizontal) or 13v (vertical) transponder selection.

The power issue is that an OSD (on screen display) appears stating "Over Current" and the receiver operation is locked out requiring removing the power plug to power cycle and reset the internal protection. This occurs when attempting to move the motorized system through 100+ feet of solid copper core Quad RG6, GS120 motor>>> 4x1 DiSEqC switch>>> 3 DRO LNBFs. This is not an unusual configuration and works with other STBs.

Would be interesting to learn if the manufacturer modified the hardware or if some of us received defective units.

Carlos43,

Are firmware update notes provided as to what is fixed?

Downloaded the firmware update, performed factory reset and the DVR timers do not execute. No one else using the DVR function?

Zero motor problems at my end. Using 1.2m dish and HH120 motor from 58w to 129w.

This is now my full time* FTA receiver for blind scan and movement after it proofs that its superior to the "others" I own.

*unless its 422 then its azbox/prof 7500

Might sell the microwaveHD soon after am done with more tests. For now its collecting dust in my garage til further use if any.

Both Openboxes are also off use.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Carlos43,

Are firmware update notes provided as to what is fixed?

Downloaded the firmware update, performed factory reset and the DVR timers do not execute. No one else using the DVR function?

No idea as I haven't tested all the way around. As to having many issues your unit is probably defective so a new version will be good to test future releases. Haven't heard or see all the failures you reported.

the default timer setting is schedule,which just changes channels when the time comes.
You have to change the setting to record instead of schedule.
I didn't try it with the may 20 firmware but I have used timers with the previous versions with no problems.

Brian, they are only $54 from here: http://www.legitfta.com/forum/cart.php?do=viewproduct&productid=13&prodn=X2 Premium Special Edition

In the interests of perhaps proving once and for all OLD stock versus NEW and maybe improved, maybe dumb luck, why don't you purchase a second X2, and re-test between them?

Even with two of them, it's a very cheap way you could maybe lay some of the guessed-at legends and rumors to rest, prove whether your original is defective or not, and since it's competition, you can probably write off the cost of it! lol

the default timer setting is schedule,which just changes channels when the time comes.
You have to change the setting to record instead of schedule.
I didn't try it with the may 20 firmware but I have used timers with the previous versions with no problems.

Yes, setting to the mode to record. Worked on previous versions. I see that there is another report of this issue on the legitfta forum.

Throughout the months of this thread and in other forums, others have reported the same findings as myself. Despite this, it appears that some members have doubts of my ability to provide accurate and truthful information and would rather trash my comments in this and other forums. I am a hobbyist first, always interested in new toys and how they work. Don't need to convince anyone of anything and certainly never tried to sell any product in this thread. Primestar31, it wouldn't matter if I commented on a 3rd X2. I am somehow viewed as an untrustworthy source of information...

I will not bother wasting anymore of your or my time by sharing additional testing results. It is an interesting receiver since it uses the same chipset as the HDVR1200, but I am withdrawing from this thread due to the juvenile postings by some members who would rather leave snarky remarks instead of engaging in a constructive dialog.

:(

That's a shame.
I had independently considered sending a new one to Brian.
But since that forum can't be read without setting up an account, and the Amazon listing ran out of product, that's that.

Me-TV on cband, Al Jazeera on ku 97....maybe it is only cutting off the output of the SPDIF port. My tv's audio isn't what I listen to-all the audio of my receivers goes through a Yamaha home theater amp. I'll try turning up the tv output and see if it still works that way, but that isn't really a fix for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)