OTHER X2 Premium HD PVR Satellite Receiver

I have a fairly recently purchased one. About 2 or 3 months ago. I swap between running an SG2100 motor and a vbox connected actuator for a big dish. Both over a 120 or so foot long cable. I havent had much luck through diseqc switches in any configuration. BUT, No audio clipping or power issues. Just general database buginess and reversed dish rotation controls. Little stuff like that.

Yes, setting to the mode to record. Worked on previous versions. I see that there is another report of this issue on the legitfta forum.

Throughout the months of this thread and in other forums, others have reported the same findings as myself. Despite this, it appears that some members have doubts of my ability to provide accurate and truthful information and would rather trash my comments in this and other forums. I am a hobbyist first, always interested in new toys and how they work. Don't need to convince anyone of anything and certainly never tried to sell any product in this thread. Primestar31, it wouldn't matter if I commented on a 3rd X2. I am somehow viewed as an untrustworthy source of information...

I will not bother wasting anymore of your or my time by sharing additional testing results. It is an interesting receiver since it uses the same chipset as the HDVR1200, but I am withdrawing from this thread due to the juvenile postings by some members who would rather leave snarky remarks instead of engaging in a constructive dialog.

:(
I tried it last night to record the saint on 83w and had the time set correctly but wasn't paying attention to the date,which was whacked out.So it didn't record @9pm.I set the date correctly to record the last 10 minutes of the program and with the receiver on, it mentions timer going to record soon,want to start record now? and I hit ok with the remote.
Maybe the receiver has to be off to record?

Hehe this thread has become so comical at times :D.

As far as timer recordings thats the least of my worries when using an any FTA receiver with PVR functions since I personally dont do much recording at all.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

X2-Don't know what's up

I just got my X2 this afternoon. It powers up, but no video- not on HDMI, not on composite. The remote is functioning, it powers it on and off, but otherwise just blue screen. Any ideas?

EDIT- Forget it - it suddenly broke thru on HDMI- this could be interesting...

Last edited:
I just got my X2 this afternoon. It powers up, but no video- not on HDMI, not on composite. The remote is functioning, it powers it on and off, but otherwise just blue screen. Any ideas?

Click "format" on the remote see if that helps with the NTSC resolution.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Hehe this thread has become so comical at times :D.

As far as timer recordings thats the least of my worries when using an any FTA receiver with PVR functions since I personally dont do much recording at all.
I don't watch ANYthing live!
Not even OTA TV.
Without timers and scheduled recording, I'm just not interested.

This way, if I have an hour or two of free time, I can watch multiple episodes of some series, back to back.
And of course, skip through those repetitive lame commercials they show every day.

I don't watch ANYthing live!
Not even OTA TV.
Without timers and scheduled recording, I'm just not interested.

This way, if I have an hour or two of free time, I can watch multiple episodes of some series, back to back.
And of course, skip through those repetitive lame commercials they show every day.

Thats what my DTV genie is for. But not for FTA pal :what:

Sent from my X2 Premium HD with Tapatalk 2

Oh boy, now the audio cuts off on ANY fta channel, after 10-15min. The "newest file" on the website must be a step backwards, Imma downgrading back to Apr9 to see if that fixes this audio thing. Anybody else noticing audio cut-outs?

I have not had any issues like that with my X2.I never lose audio and although I have never scheduled a recording I have recorded four hours straight on a USB stick regulary. Oh and did anyone mention the blind scan is fast and accurate!

I have not had any issues like that with my X2.I never lose audio and although I have never scheduled a recording I have recorded four hours straight on a USB stick regulary. Oh and did anyone mention the blind scan is fast and accurate!

Agreed and NOT one pop or cutoff. I do gotta complaint about the Blind Scan though. Seems unreal at times :what:

You wouldn't think they'd put a beta firmware on their website, but maybe that is part of the problem. I'll wait to see how the next one works out, not ready to trash it yet, lol.
I think we agree it is a very fast blindscan.
It may be the S2 version of a Traxis 3500 ! Have not tried recording anything, don't really use fta receivers for that.

i have seen what I call a phantom tp with the older firmware.
Somebody mentioned a transponder on a certain sat;I manually entered the tp info then did a blindscan.
At the end of the blindscan it showed a signal and quality for the manually entered tp but it was a false positive.
Going to the tp menu there was no signal there and the receiver scanned no channels for that tp.

I see many TPs like that, usually they are data/Internet signal. The box may stop there for a couple of second but you will see nothing is download.

Certainly could be the case as I may have been one of the first to take delivery on a first and second unit. Likely they came from the same batch, though I didn't notate the serial number on the first unit.

Edit: Serial number on the replacement STB is X1002012072906 for anyone else to compare.

X1002012071532
X1002012072912

Zero motor problems at my end. Using 1.2m dish and HH120 motor from 58w to 129w.

This is now my full time* FTA receiver for blind scan and movement after it proofs that its superior to the "others" I own.

*unless its 422 then its azbox/prof 7500

Might sell the microwaveHD soon after am done with more tests. For now its collecting dust in my garage til further use if any.

Both Openboxes are also off use.

I am not sure if you will be able to receive them but try to get the 16apsk feeds on 95w cband. I have not been able to receive them with the X2. Openbox S10 picks them up fine amongst others.

I am not sure if you will be able to receive them but try to get the 16apsk feeds on 95w cband. I have not been able to receive them with the X2. Openbox S10 picks them up fine amongst others.

I don't think so either but heck the x2 cant do it all for $56 shipped :D

latest x2 firmware,channel editor,rs232 loader
Code:
http://www.x2sat.com/x2-hd

Per Legitfta site which is the home forum for that receiver, the firmware on that page is a Beta (per ViP3R posting), and not the Release candidate, which is scheduled to be released sometime this coming week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts