OTHER X2 Premium - Multiple Problems!

Thanks for the info Norman. My X2 works fine if I only use it with one dish. The problem arises if I have the vbox and the HH motor in series on the same line. When I surf and go back and forth from C-Band to Ku-Band, the audio and video starts breaking up or the X2 just goes dark (no audio, no video). Cycling power cures the problem until I surf back and forth several times then I have to cycle power again ... very annoying to say the least. Are you using the X5 with a single dish?

I'm using my X2 with a 1M KU dish and a 10FT C-Band dish. I use a single 22khz switch. With the X2, I sometimes have to cycle power to activate the switch. I have not had this happen with the X5 yet.

The X2 22KHz/DiSEqC signal levels are very low compared to most STBs. Once this low signal level is attenuated by passing through a splitter, switch or motor, there may no be enough signal level remaining to trigger upstream devices. The available current is also an problem when attempting to connect multiple LNBs and switches. I was unable to reliably switch and motor control my home system with 135' RG6, HH motor, 4x2 multi-switch, dual output KU and dual output C-band LNBFs.

I am sure that these limiting hardware specifications could be updated. Certainly a SMT resistor could be identified and swapped out to a different value to increase the 22KHz/DiSEqC output amplitude. Maybe someone would like to experiment?

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

I am sure that these limiting hardware specifications could be updated. Certainly a SMT resistor could be identified and swapped out to a different value to increase the 22KHz/DiSEqC output amplitude. Maybe someone would like to experiment?

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

tough to do without a schematic diagram.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)