XBox 360 cordless controller question.

paychekkk

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 4, 2006
How long does two alkaline AA batts last in the wireless controllers. I want to buy three more, but the re-chargeable battery is $11.99 X 3, charger is $19.99 X 3, and the wireless controllers are 49.99 each. Ouch!! If good alkaline AA batteries last a decent amount of time I might putt off buying the rechargeables and the chargers for a while later. I love the 360 but the expense continues. :(

xccell

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 15, 2005
I just use my Kodak rechargable batts. A pair lasts 40 hours for me and then when one pair dies, i pop in the fresh pair. Endless wireless fun!.

mbetts

SatelliteGuys Family
Nov 12, 2003
I've been playing an average amount for about a month and a half and I'm still running strong on my first set of AA batteries.

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
i think my batteries lasted between 20 - 30 hours. i got a plug and play with my bundle and bought an extra battry pack. if you use all four controllers alot, it may be wise to invest in the battery packs.

ShadowEKU

Expert in the Making
Supporting Founder
Jul 13, 2004
Frankfort, KY
I started out using my rechargeables....RayoVac I believe....they lasted 30 or so hours. I since bought a 19.99 Play n charge...so far its at 70 or so hours.... i think...its been a while sinc ei charged it.

mikley28

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 12, 2005
San Leandro, CA
I suggest the play and charge kit. $20 worth of batteries will last maybe 2 months. Or $20 play and charge kit which comes with a battery pack and USB charger. You can charge the batteries using your PC if you dont want to keep your 360 turned on.

minorthr

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Jun 8, 2004
earth
I have 2 sets of rechargeable AAs. One in the controller and one on standby. I have to swap them once like every 3 weeks.

jbcheshire

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2005
West of the Mississippi
So, that battery charging pack that they are offering for the 360 is using the USB port to charge the batteries? And, the 360 has to be ON for them to be charging?

Thanks.

Devil24

Proud Supporter of SatelliteGuys.US
Supporting Founder
Mar 3, 2005
Houston, TX
paychekkk,

mikley28 is correct... each 'Play & Charge Kit' (what you call 'the charger') comes with a battery pack included (the $11 battery you mention).

mikley28

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 12, 2005
San Leandro, CA
jbcheshire said:
So, that battery charging pack that they are offering for the 360 is using the USB port to charge the batteries? And, the 360 has to be ON for them to be charging?

Thanks.

The 360 has to be on while charging... OR you can plug it into your PC if you leave your PC on at all times or while browsing these forums!

mikley28

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 12, 2005
San Leandro, CA
joverstr2 said:
Will a play and charge kit recharge two wireless controllers?

Unfortunately no, not at the same time. But if you have 2 wireless controllers you can swap battery packs, or controllers.

You would need 2 controllers, 1 play and charge kit and 1 battery pack. THe carg time on on the package says about 6 hours for a full charge but it seems less than that when I used my PC.

The problem with charging through your 360 is that what takes about 4 hours to charge may take 8 since you are also using it at the same time.

I just keep the play and charge kit plugged into my PC and charge battery packs with my spare controller then swap out batteries when needed.

BobMurdoch

Playing XBoxOne SeriesX/Supporter
Supporting Founder
Sep 12, 2003
Brielle, NJ
mikley28 said:
The 360 has to be on while charging... OR you can plug it into your PC if you leave your PC on at all times or while browsing these forums!

It ALSO works if you plug it into the front of a 921 or a 622 (It may work on any others with USB ports, but I just tried those two).

The 622 complains that it doesn't recognize it but it charges it just fine.

Supposedly I've heard 30 hours between AA Battery replacements, but your mileage may vary....

BobMurdoch

Playing XBoxOne SeriesX/Supporter
Supporting Founder
Sep 12, 2003
Brielle, NJ
Also, I just had my first wireless controller fatality. My son killed two of the buttons with jelly. They stick now and are useless. Good thing that Best Buy screwed up and sent me one too many so I still have 4 left.....

Keep those rugrats away from the Jam when jamming their fingers on the buttons!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts