Xbox 360 Hd-dvd

Hoxxx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 19, 2004
Has any one found a pre order site for the XBOX 360 HD-DVD drive?
all I have found is that it is coming.

:hungry: :hungry:

I thought Polar Express was the best I have seen so far. Nothing wrong with Batman( I have that too) it's just a dark movie for the most part.

Last edited:
I thought Polar Express was the best I have seen so far. Nothing wrong with Batman( I have that too) it's just a dark movie for the most part.

Well, I work for an animation company so that kind of material is all over me... ;)

BB: true but it was highly praised.

I just found out Spy Gameis available - that's such a good movie. I think I'll go with it.

Do I remember hearing that the HD add on won't have HDMI, just component?

Mike

Looks like it will dual HDMI outputs.. sweet.

B000FRX6EA.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V40652994_.jpg

Well, I work for an animation company so that kind of material is all over me... ;)

BB: true but it was highly praised.

I just found out Spy Gameis available - that's such a good movie. I think I'll go with it.
HD DVD guys are pissing themselves over corpse bride PQ. But I would definately preorder Kong. I think I signed up for an amazon CC and got a 30 dollar credit making Kong free when it ships. That is assuming you arent getting it for free anyway with the 360 HD DVD drive. But Batman Begins has TrueHD and is supposed to be the most complete experience and well as great PQ.

Looks like it will dual HDMI outputs.. sweet.
It's USB, as mentioned above. I don't think an external drive can have HDMI on it. Not at this price level!
The reason is simple: HDMI delivers uncompressed video, which means you need to have all video decoding done within the player itself. And currently video decoding is only done within the XBox 360, so if Microsoft is going to put HDMI output somewhere, they've got to put it on the XBox itself, not on the external drive.

I think one reason why Microsoft and Sony can offer HD playback at such a low price is because they are using the main CPU's of their game consoles for video decoding and they are saving money on dedicated decoder chips.

It's USB, as mentioned above. I don't think an external drive can have HDMI on it. Not at this price level!
The reason is simple: HDMI delivers uncompressed video, which means you need to have all video decoding done within the player itself. And currently video decoding is only done within the XBox 360, so if Microsoft is going to put HDMI output somewhere, they've got to put it on the XBox itself, not on the external drive.

I think one reason why Microsoft and Sony can offer HD playback at such a low price is because they are using the main CPU's of their game consoles for video decoding and they are saving money on dedicated decoder chips.

The PS3 is a low price? The 360 + add on is a low price? You can pick up the HD-A1 for under 400 bucks. None of those can be had for under 400 bucks.

Yep, those are usb. Watched the video in the link above, the short answer is you are using component cables, not HDMI.

Mike

You can also use the XBox's VGA cable. This is the only way to get 1080p out of the XBox HD DVD player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)