Xbox 360 Hd-dvd

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Is this still a worth while investment if your 55 inch TV does HD only 720P? It does have VGA input, but I don't think it makes a difference.

That's a highly subjective question. I'd say yes.

Resolution aside, if you do make the investment you will then be able to start investing your media dollars in next-generation HD DVD media instead of standard DVD. Will you spend $200 in DVD's between now and whenever you decide to upgrade?

Yes I have bought 6 HD-DVD movies already and I still have not recieved my player.
It is supposed to be here on the 16th. I will report back how it looks.
as far as 1080P and 1080I there is a good report on that over at CNET. basically it says most people cant see a difference between the two. also the expense required to even get there and make a comaprison is way to high.

FedEx says that my XBOX 360 HD-DVD drive is on the truck and out for delivery. Yippee!

I was already planning to take the afternoon off - now I can play around with the drive.

Well I have had the HD-DVD drive for several days now and I am very happy with the Crisp video and also the Audio. Even though I have not heard Dolby-True-HD. It still sounds much beter than a SD DVD. I might have to get one for my PC next.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.:hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

No ... is the short answer. The longer answer is Yes, IF it is a dual format disc.

Some HD DVD's come with both the "Standard DVD" and "HD DVD" versions on a single disc. Meaning that the disc can be used in both players. But Standard DVD players cannot play HD DVD content.

BTW, this "Dual Format" ability is one of the distinct advantages to the HD DVD format that Blu-ray has yet to conquer. Due to the way in which the discs are constructed (i.e. the way the sandwich is made), HD DVD's lend themselves MUCH better to containing both formats.

I hope that didn't confuse.

- Shane

That makes perfect sense. But what percentage of the current titles available are "Dual Format"? Do the movies that are dual format have it printed on the back of the box somewhere?

The reason I ask is because I buy many DVD's for my daughter, who has a standard DVD player. And I hate to continue buying two different formats of movies.

That makes perfect sense. But what percentage of the current titles available are "Dual Format"? Do the movies that are dual format have it printed on the back of the box somewhere?
Every dual-format DVD I have seen is labeled or it has a sticker on it stating the dual format.

They usually have the "Combi Disc" designation or they have both the HD DVD and DVD logos at the top of the disc in the red band area they use so you don't buy a BluRay disc by mistake...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)