Xbox connection question

A_Noland

SatelliteGuys Regular
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Owasso, OK
I don't have an x-box yet, but was wondering what kind of video connection it supports. I was looking at the manual and it only shows composite video? Does it have Component or DVI connection?

A_Noland said:
I don't have an x-box yet, but was wondering what kind of video connection it supports. I was looking at the manual and it only shows composite video? Does it have Component or DVI connection?

I should not even answer you question based upon your avatar ... man I hate the Chiefs! Eitherway, yes it does support component, and there are a couple of games in 1080i even. Most are in 480p and they all look great over the component connections.

You just need the High Definition AV Pack and you'll have component connects available. No DVI to this point. Games look great with this AV Pack. This pack also gives the option of using the optical cable for DD 5.1. You have to have the 5.1 cranked when you play Halo 2, sounds great.

Definitely go for the Component Cables with the optical cable for DD5.1 sound.

Don't forget to go into the XBox menu and change the settings to reflect the new cabling set up and upgrade the video to HDTV levels.

Here's another thing for those that may not have realized it.....

XBox prohibits recording of mp3s to the hard disk for use in soundtracks in some games (Burnout 3's music sux, but is made great with your own tunes). However, if you buy the XBox Music Mixer disk (the one that comes with a Karaoke microphone) AND have a home network (a shared Cable/DSL router, etc. for XBox Live) you can load a program on your PC that will allow you to send batches of mp3s and jpegs to the hard drive. I used it to make a slideshow like viewer with my photos and music playing while the camera panned and zoomed in and out slowly which caused a lot of family members at a recent family reunion to start tearing up.

ShadowEKU said:
man thats weird looking.

If you go into a gamestore like EB they usually have a wall full of the different adapters.
It has been really hard to find the new connector since the old one was discontinued. I finally found one last week at Cicuit City. It was 1 of 2 they had on the rack.

The majority of Xbox games are in 16:9 format too. :)

Those two links don't work. :(

Just be aware the MS has announced that per their EULA they will begin to search their networks for altered Xbox hardware. They say this is to eliminate cheaters in the online arenas, but they have free reign. They would not disclose what ECMs they would issues, but it was said that could include disabling the box forcing the consumer to contact customer support. So be careful what hacks you add IF you go online with your Xbox.

Neutron said:
What changed from the MS HD pak?
Instead of having a breakout box with seperate component cables, it is now all in one. I just saw them at Fry's tonight while picking up a copy of StarWars
Knights of the Old Republic 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts