Xbox One launching on November 22nd for $499

What's the deal with the game resolutions? Most will run in 1080p? Trying to decide which TV to use, when it arrives. 1080p or one of my 720p sets.

It will probably be similar to the current consoles. The console will scale it up to 1080p or whichever resolution you select but that doesn't mean you are actually looking at 1080p textures. Many of the games on the current consoles aren't even running at 720p even though your TV might tell you they are 1080p.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/17/forza-5-runs-at-native-1080p-ryse-does-not

IGN has a story up about this using some of the launch game as examples. Forza 5 runs at 1080p native but Ryse will actually be running at 900p and but the Xbox One will output 1080p for both of them. I think in a lot of cases it is necessary for them to lower the resolution a bit in order to keep the framerate smooth. Most people won't notice a slightly lower resolution but if the framerate is bad and there is lots of jittery motion just about everyone will notice.

Only reason I pre-ordered was for my oldest son. His fav game is FIFA. FIFA 14 will be a launch title. Now the dilemma, on when to give it to him. I'm going to try and hold out until Xmas. I would hope any of the setup, transfer from 360, etc. issues are all worked out by then.
He's turning 16 later this month. Wife and I threw out all kinds of ideas of things to do for his birthday. All were shot down, until I mentioned he could get a late B-day gift. He knew exactly what this meant. Looks like the XBOne will be running as soon as Amazon delivers.

Really no different then the current XBOX 360, Playstation 3 or Playstation 4.

To get it to fully work you need to take a download.

Really no different then the current XBOX 360, Playstation 3 or Playstation 4.

To get it to fully work you need to take a download.
Yeah but not be able to play a game? That's a little ridiculous. I understand not having all the apps and features available but not being able to play CoD: Ghosts local multiplayer until you get an update? You don't need to hook up the PS3 or 360 to the internet in order to play games. The only saving grace is that M$ usually has good backend on their servers, so it'll PROBABLY be able to handle all the downloads. Last thing they need right now is even MORE bad press.

Xbox One Entertainment Features Get Full Details, Walkthrough Video

Corporate Vice President of Marketing and Strategy, Yusuf Mehdi, and Chief Product Officer Marc Whitten show the best of Xbox One in this new video. And, you can see 10 of our favorite new features below.

#1 – Unleashing the Power of Your Voice
#2 – Biometric Sign In
#3 – Instant Resume and Instant Switching
#4 – Watch Live TV via Xbox One
#5 – Get a Multiplayer Invite, while you are Watching a movie or live TV
#6 – Game DVR and Upload Studio Let You Record and Share Your Greatest Moments
#7 – Do Two Things at Once
#8 – Skype on the Big Screen, With Groups and Free Long Distance
#9 – OneGuide Delivers Personalized Guide to TV, Apps and More
#10 – Xbox SmartGlass Enhances Gaming in New Way

http://news.xbox.com/2013/11/xbox-one-complete-games-entertainment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts