XFL 2.0 you watching

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
So today kicks off the second version of the XFL as a football fan I will give it a shot and see what it’s all about could be a nice buffer u till baseball season starts. With some of the rules they are implementing I am looking forward to seeing how the game flows

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I watched the 1st qtr but the mic'd up coach and interviewing players while the game is going on annoyed me. I just don't understand why people don't get that the game on the field is the attraction. I just want to enjoy the action. I don't care what the coach has to say and I sure don't care what any player has to say. To paraphrase; players are to be seen and not heard. I go through an entire season with the sound muted on FOX just so I don't have to listen to those two repetitive yokles Aikman and Buck and their inane yakking so now ESPN wants to add the coaching staff and players to the superfluous noise? No thanks, I'm tired of muting football games. If the XFL wants to succeed it should concentrate on providing a better game experience, not on one-upping the NFL's TV presentation. But this is ESPN (remember the infamous Booger Mobile?) so I hold out little hope.

Watched the first game, a few first game errors but as the game went on play was better. I am watching the second game now, pretty fast paced

I guess I'm not alone in my criticism of those ridiculous interviews.

Excessive interviews

Hated: Excessive sideline interviews

Wild sideline interviews with players were a staple in the old XFL and they will remain an integral part of the reboot. ABC learned its lesson early about putting a live microphone in front of a player. Networks will work around players cursing on live television, but the number of sideline interviews became excessive.

ABC interviewed a player after every big play, a missed field goal, an injury and seemingly at the end of each series. Interviews with players and coaches can bring the audience closer to the game, but ABC overdid it. The audience doesn’t need to hear from a defensive lineman after a minor injury and interviews after nearly every drive distract from the game. Let’s hope every network finds the right balance between insight and excessive intrusion.

I stumbled on to the 2nd game and enjoyed watching what I was able to see.
I think it was the Houston game.

I have not had a chance to go thru the different rules changes yet.
I watched both games and I thought that ABC's tv crew did the best job of explaining what was going on. FOX not so much.

Watched the first game...the action was decent, but the sideline interviews during the game was too "showboaty" for me and the mic'd coaches was just plain dumb. If they eliminated those two elements, it'd be a good fill-in until baseball starts, but as it sits, it's just more added noise. May or may not watch more of it...depends on if they continue with the sideline interviews and mic'd-up coaches...

Reactions: Radioguy41
Frank Caliendo and his daughter doing a Gruden/Mini Gruden review of the XFL.

This is hilarious...

Well, the 2nd game today .... Dallas and St. Louis are in a barn burner ...
6-6 at the half .... Under over is 52 ... so they BETTER get going !

I Do like that the officials are heard from on calls and if it goes to Review they people in the booth are also heard from, so you hear thier discussion as well as the officials call.

I dislike the interviews on the side lines with players and coaches ...

Reactions: Radioguy41
I Do like that the officials are heard from on calls and if it goes to Review they people in the booth are also heard from, so you hear thier discussion as well as the officials call.

I dislike the interviews on the side lines with players and coaches ...
I bet they tone down the interviews.

Reactions: Howard Simmons

These rules are interesting if not somewhat confusing...

The kickoff rules are interesting, strange and gonna take some getting use to.

I don't care for the xtra point scenario ...

The double pass rules are different and odd .... allowing more than one forward pass on a play (only if the first pass is still behind the line of scrimmage)

Was a good weekend of a different kind of football.

LA fired their DC today.

BREAKING: The Los Angeles Wildcats have parted ways with DC Pepper Johnson... Read more...
#XFL #XFLFootball #XFL2020

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I watched and it looks good. I like some the rules changes.
[automerge]1581514950[/automerge]
Was a good weekend of a different kind of football.

LA fired their DC today.

BREAKING: The Los Angeles Wildcats have parted ways with DC Pepper Johnson... Read more...
#XFL #XFLFootball #XFL2020

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
That is just nuts. After just one game? Wow