XFL 2.0 you watching

So your not watching why ?
You can still watch the Football as well as Nascar (particularly today) and hockey all on the same day.
This football league will be done in the first month of baseball season ...
I like to watch sports from beginning to the end. I went to hockey when they red flagged the race after 21 laps. If there's nothing on then I'll watch the XFL but right now it's on my low priority lists. I tuned in the first games to see what they were all about.

Any one watch yesterdays games ?
My timing just didn't work out, had other things going on.
I will try to watch the 6pm game today.

I think alot of it is if there are players you want to see play that draws people in, more than teams wise, at this point as most teams haven't really established themselves yet.

The bankruptcy lists 7 of the 8 head coaches, along with the companies that made the logo wear, sold the tickets, and made the promotional videos as major creditors. Along with the governments that rented the stadiums. If Vince wants to try again, smart people would demand cash and carry.

I think we have seen the end of spring football for a while. It just never works. And, yes, I understand current events, but the league was GIVING its TV rights away for nothing. All it could make $$ from was live gate, logo wear, and in-stadium billboards. That wasn't going to work.

The bankruptcy lists 7 of the 8 head coaches, along with the companies that made the logo wear, sold the tickets, and made the promotional videos as major creditors. Along with the governments that rented the stadiums. If Vince wants to try again, smart people would demand cash and carry.

I think we have seen the end of spring football for a while. It just never works. And, yes, I understand current events, but the league was GIVING its TV rights away for nothing. All it could make $$ from was live gate, logo wear, and in-stadium billboards. That wasn't going to work.
Hell let's worry about the upcoming NFL season. We may have a Super Bowl with no fans.:oops:

Which sport will join the XFL next?

The XFL was in a no-win scenario and would have failed eventually anyway.

The major sports have cash reserves, business interruption insurance, wealthy owners, and, at the end of the day, mega rich media companies that need them to stay afloat. All that said:

- Minor league baseball's contract with MLB expires after the 20 season and MLB had already before any of this happened proposed a radical revamp of MiLB, with about a third less teams, elimination of "rookie leagues" and reduction of the draft by 75%. The union and MLB already agreed to cut the draft for this year by about that. Many minor league teams operate on a shoestring anyway and many may just see the handwriting on the wall and probably MLB and MiLB work out a small buyout for many teams.

- Indy Car racing operates on big $$ from the Indy 500 and the rest of the series loses money. They are going to try to run a makeshift series this year, but if they cannot draw the big live gate for a fall Indy, there is little cash left. Fortunately, the speedway was just sold to Roger Penske who is loaded and could just float the series for the year.

- College sports. If you look at the real math, yes, college football makes a lot of money, at the biggest schools, and college basketball makes money too, although not nearly as much. BUT, the government (Title IX) and NCAA rules don't just let colleges have football and basketball. To be Division I a school must have at least 16 sports, including enough women's sports to equal the 85 scholarships that just football provides for men. All of which, with knitpicky exceptions, lose money. At the end of the day, it is a break even proposition most places. And that is just Division I, the money losing gets larger in the lower divisions. Further, the $$ come from student fees (which are predicated upon there being students), donations and ticket sales, and, except at about 25 mega-programs, huge amounts of taxpayer dollars. Which the states are broke. We will see schools drop for Division I, and we will see lower division schools just give it up.

- Horse racing. The three owners of the Triple Crown's foolish decision to move to the fall has placed the rest of the industry in a no-win scenario. Huge mistake.

They also said that if the students can't come back there won't be any football. Why let football players come back and play and the students can't come back and learn. Money!
The other theory behind that quote was :
If we can't have out packed stadiums, how could it be possible to be safe with the teams practicing and playing the games, you've got 85 players on each team ... 22 on the field at one time.

If its not safe for the fans, why is it safe for the players ?

Reactions: mccoyrj
The other theory behind that quote was :
If we can't have out packed stadiums, how could it be possible to be safe with the teams practicing and playing the games, you've got 85 players on each team ... 22 on the field at one time.

If its not safe for the fans, why is it safe for the players ?
I just wonder if they do start playing college football and let the fans in with social distancing who gets in and who doesn't? Do season ticket holders get priority over a fan that goes to games once or twice? I'm sure the students would get priority over everyone. Boy to be a scalper selling tickets.:)

I just wonder if they do start playing college football and let the fans in with social distancing who gets in and who doesn't? Do season ticket holders get priority over a fan that goes to games once or twice? I'm sure the students would get priority over everyone. Boy to be a scalper selling tickets.:)
My guess, is if we do get our Football season going at some point ... which I think we will.
Once the do let fans in, it will be Students (6 ft apart mind you) that means 2 people instead of 4 in that space, and it would be skip a row up and down. So your 100,000 fans should be down to 50,000 at most.
Then the Season ticket holders ... which will be a whole other headache, because most of them buy thier tickets according to where they are seated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)