XM Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

beakor

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 21, 2005
Is it just me or does the xm channels seem weak on the quality? I have an h20 using the optical out to my amp (in stereo mode). Most of the channels lack anything under 200 hz. The hip hop channels are fine. If I take my roady 2 and connect it to my amp it sounds fine. I tried changing the h20 dolby digital output to off and still no difference. Tech support tells me they get a direct fiber line and it should be no loss in frequency bandwidth. It's like listening to a transistor radio :)

beakor said:
Is it just me or does the xm channels seem weak on the quality? I have an h20 using the optical out to my amp (in stereo mode). Most of the channels lack anything under 200 hz. The hip hop channels are fine. If I take my roady 2 and connect it to my amp it sounds fine. I tried changing the h20 dolby digital output to off and still no difference. Tech support tells me they get a direct fiber line and it should be no loss in frequency bandwidth. It's like listening to a transistor radio :)

I would imagine that these channels are particularly compressed, even more so than the other channels.

They aren't going to spend as much money for audio in the aquipment compared to a CD player.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts