XM for Christmas!

Chris Freeland

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 8, 2003
Collegedale, TN
Just got XM for Christmas, old time DBS'er new to satellite radio :) . I got a Rhody 1 but added the fm transmitter which now makes it a R2 I guess. I decided on XM over Sirius mainly on price since I do not want the premium services on XM and will not spend Sundays in my company van and can watch NFL games on TV and since I sub to E* for TV it allows me to receive Sirius on E* and XM in the car for the best of both worlds :). Unfortunately I will have to wait until pay day and the forms by snail mail to pay by check rather than credit card before I activate it. I got the Roady because I want to be able to easily transfer between my company van which I spend a lot of time in now days and my personal car. Any instillation tips? Where is the best place to run antenna cable on a full size van without the cable being pinched? Any other tips?

Irish_Flyers

Dec 10, 2004
Reading, PA
I too just got XM for Christmas. My wonderful bride got it for me.

I got the SkiFi2, car kit, and the boombox. (She hooked me up).
I knew I was getting it, because she told me to pick XM or Sirius (she didn't want to make that decision).

It was a tough choice, and at first I wanted Sirius (because NFL Radio was a big plus for me, and that Howard was going there), but everything I read, looked up, and what have you kind of steered me to getting XM. Plus I love O&A. Been a fan of theirs since before the St.Pat's thing.

Anyway, I've been using it for 3 days, and I LOVE IT!!!

It's now the 2nd greatest electronic gizmo I have. (2nd to TiVo).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)