XM Radio Upgrades Its Sound Quality of the Music Channels Starting August 5th

well, maybe you enjoy the sound when played through a "$15.00" cassette adapter, but to me, that sounds like junk; I hope you dont drive with headphones on......

Actually the cassette adapter technique is far from perfect but but it probably works at last as well as FM modulation. It isi question of how to get the best results you can with what resources you have.

Actually the cassette adapter technique is far from perfect but but it probably works at last as well as FM modulation. It isi question of how to get the best results you can with what resources you have.

Actually, I use the cassette adapter in my 2001 vehicle and my wife uses the FM modulation in her newer vehicle. We both have the same Roady radios and the cassette adapter sounds a lot better than the FM modulator. Not that the FM modulator is bad, just not AS GOOD. The Roady user's manual also says that is the preferred method (cassette).

Some people just need to understand that not everybody is a car person. Some people dump all their money into a nice car and car stereo and some (like me) are happy with a a stock radio. I am far from poor and far from being a cheapskate, I have no interest in upgrading my car audio system and therefore didn't notice a difference about the XM sound upgrades until being told it was upgraded. I'd rather put my money into a high def and standard DVD collection and enjoy more entertainment options at home. I only use the car when I have to get from A-B. I don't cruise and don't blast bass.

In any event, I am glad that XM made this upgrade. That says much more for them than a lot of other companies who only offer the bare minimum and rarely upgrade anything.

well, maybe you enjoy the sound when played through a "$15.00" cassette adapter, but to me, that sounds like junk; I hope you dont drive with headphones on......

The casette adapter actually does a surprisingly good job - not better than line-in but better than any (including hardwired) FM modulator that I've tried.

Satellite radio doesn't have the dynamic range of a CD, but the SQ is totally acceptable IMHO for non-critical listening. As far as mix tapes & play lists go, they just can't surprise you like SDARS can.

Plus you can get the news & other niche content that's been mentioned in earilier in the thread.

FWIW I purchased a Sky Fi3 for a replacement vehicle. Because I had difficulty getting a part needed for installation I used the cassette adapter for now and frankly I was impressed with the quality of the sound. Also I was shockeda t how bad the FM transmission was.

I think it has a lot to do with the connecting equipment you're using. Bottom line, no matter how you hook it up the sound quality is not very good. Sounds like a very low bitrate MP3. But for a convenience and variety standpoint, ROCK ON!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)