Status
Please reply by conversation.

deez04

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 23, 2005
High Point, NC
guys,

the family wanted to know if and when D* adds the XM xmas channel? Is it after thanksgiving or is it sooner? Thanks for the help. I remember Dish uplinked it in early December a few years back!

XM Holly has a MySpace page (I'm blocked from it here at work, otherwise I'd link it), and on the blog there it says that it's already launched on XM radios and will launch on D* on November 19th.

XM Holly has a MySpace page (I'm blocked from it here at work, otherwise I'd link it), and on the blog there it says that it's already launched on XM radios and will launch on D* on November 19th.

I believe that information is based on last year. None of the Christmas channels are up on XM Sirius yet. The new merged channels will debut on November 12, 2008. So it will likely be after that before we see it on XM/Sirius radios. Interesting to hear the 11/19 date on the Direct TV side.

If you are in the Christmas mood already, Slacker Radio has their holiday music online now. (Slacker Personal Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio Stations).

-Mark

XM & DirecTv will offer 5 Holiday Music Channels on Directv from November 19 to December 25, 2008. They are:
Name: DirecTv Channel #:
Holly-------------------- 862 (Currently World Zone)
Holiday Tradition------- 849 (Currently Channel does not exist)
Music City Holiday----- 809 (Currently US Country)
A Classical Christmas-- 866 (Currently U- Pop)
Special XMas----------- 848 (Currently Channel does not exist)

This information provided by Holiday Music on XM
The above page might of been for last year, if so, this post may be partially incorrect.

XM & DirecTv will offer 5 Holiday Music Channels on Directv from November 19 to December 25, 2008. They are:
Name: DirecTv Channel #:
Holly-------------------- 862 (Currently World Zone)
Holiday Tradition------- 849 (Currently Channel does not exist)
Music City Holiday----- 809 (Currently US Country)
A Classical Christmas-- 866 (Currently U- Pop)
Special XMas----------- 848 (Currently Channel does not exist)

This information provided by Holiday Music on XM
The above page might of been for last year, if so, this post may be partially incorrect.

thanks again for the info. that is good to know!

ummm there is a major XM channel realignment coming in early november..Things may have changed (sirius channels taking over XM slots)

Just posted on DirecTV's website:

"Tune in to these special holiday XM music channels: Holly (Ch. 882), Holiday Traditions (Ch. 813) and Holiday Pops (Ch. 866)."

However Ch. 882 doesn't appear to exist - anyone else have the same problem?

Thanks,

Ken

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts