XMAS gift from DISH???

I saw a Dish ad, they now claim 120 channels of HD... They must be adding them right and left using new crypto encoding to keep them out of the uplink reports... They are still saying 150 by years end even on their own web site front page.

Next week is Christmas week, the week after new years, very poor weeks to add channels since all employees will probably want time off from work. That just leaves this week to make their promises come true. Of course they could just inflate their count in a new and innovative way to get us to 150 without adding any more...

Not likely given Charlie's office Christmas Party costume
grinch.jpg

He could always turn on the new HD uplinked for AK. I know it's nothing new nationally, but it would make this long dark winter seem a little warmer. :D

I saw a Dish ad, they now claim 120 channels of HD... They must be adding them right and left using new crypto encoding to keep them out of the uplink reports... They are still saying 150 by years end even on their own web site front page.

That ad was released by mistake. That is new ad for 2009, stating they will have 150 hd channels by the end of the year:D

Next week is Christmas week, the week after new years, very poor weeks to add channels since all employees will probably want time off from work. That just leaves this week to make their promises come true. Of course they could just inflate their count in a new and innovative way to get us to 150 without adding any more...

Now there is Versus and Golf, but don't forget the channel telling us Versus and Golf are separate channels now! The part-time RSN's, PPV's, and HD channels that don't broadcast in HD like the prized WFN are tossed in for fluff too. Plus, the MPEG4HD place holders must be counted as well. That must get you somewhere near 90, so the phantom 30 that D* claim as well must also be broadcast on E*. There are your 120!

Wednesday morning everyone's optimistic. Wait until early evening and when more cr*p is uplinked they'll start to make up excuses. I actually think the explanation in your second paragraph is close, except that I would say the entire period from now through middle of January is poor for adding channels. Dish may feel too many things are going on for any big addition to be noticed. I would really be shocked if anything of note was added in the next 3-4 weeks.

And "up to..." just means that there is a way a subscriber can receive 150 HD channels, although not all at the same time. You know, subscription channels, RSN HDs, maybe some PPV, 1080p VOD. If you spend enough per month and add up all the different "national" HD channels you see in a month then it might reach 150. Or it might not. :)