XMAS gift from DISH???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Dish will probably start putting out different channel numbers for each movie during a month in HD. That way they can say they had 75 different movies, each on its own channel number, thereby having 75 HD channels available during that month... There instant 150 channels!

Isn't there some kind of leagal issue with promising an increase in HD by years end (AKA 150) just to entice new customers, and then not following throught. Must be some kind of fraud or false advertisement that they should be bound to if they're gonna make a statement like that.

No fraud when the ad says UP TO....Granted at the beginning it didnt have that in there, but it is now. It says up to at least twice on the main page for Dish

Agreed keep it on topic and please remember the site rules.

The uplink report will be updated in the next few hours, then we can see if we have any Christmas goodies or not.

And "up to..." just means that there is a way a subscriber can receive 150 HD channels, although not all at the same time.

I think that is wishful thinking. "up to 150..." simply means you will have at most 150 HD channels. As long as we don't end up with more than 150 Charlie has made good on his promise.

I think that is wishful thinking. "up to 150..." simply means you will have at most 150 HD channels. As long as we don't end up with more than 150 Charlie has made good on his promise.

It's an academic point (not that there's anything wrong with academic points). :)

I think "up to" carries with it the implication that there's a situation in which you can actually achieve the maximum. But that's just me. However, if I'm wrong then Charlie is really stupid because he should then be claiming "up to 1,000 channels" or (heaven help us) "up to a gazillion channels". Seems he's missing a marketing opportunity.

If you have "X" number of HD channels and see an advertisement that say X number today and 150 by Year End, that constitutes an increase, maybe not the full amount, but still more than "X". We really haven't see that increase. Sounds like faulse advertisement to me.

They have added CNNHD, CNBCHD, Smithsonian, MGM, WFN, numerous RSN's, and a lot of HD locals, so that number has increased since they released the promotion.

That's not a very cool comment...

Everyone knows that CHarlie is one of the tightest people in the industry. That is why he is a billionaire. Anyone that finds it offensive should lighten up . It was meant to be funny not offensive. Lets try to remember the season we are in and practice a little good will towards men here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts