Xponders not working

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chood73

Original poster
Nov 8, 2020
Georgia
I have a Wally connected to a Pathway X2.
I have a single piece of coax from the x2 to the back of my camper.

Inside cabling to the rcvr inside.
I have replaced all the connectors with good compression connectors.

Currently, certain channels say loss of signal but some are fine. I am noticing this on 61.5
Since I am getting some but not others, could this be a cabling issue? Like some xponders are weaker than others, so some make it some don’t?

Stumped!

Connect the dish cable directly to the receiver and see if it makes a difference. Some RV's have quality cable installed, others are junk. I ran direct lines when using portable dishes in my 12 years of full time RV'ing and had good quality signal.

Reactions: HipKat
Connect the dish cable directly to the receiver and see if it makes a difference. Some RV's have quality cable installed, others are junk. I ran direct lines when using portable dishes in my 12 years of full time RV'ing and had good quality signal.

Yeah. Leave it to me to skip the obvious. I did that and wouldn’t you know?
It works just fine on all channels now.

I am currently trying it with house cable direct to the dish, taking the “Smart switch” out of line.
If that works, I will just install a couple of bulkhead connectors back there and call it a day.

If not, guess I’ll be running new quality cable. BLEH!

If you were using a dedicated satellite cable in your RV, it shouldn't go through any switches. If you were using the "Cable TV" connection, it goes through the switch and your satellite receiver won't work well that way. The smart switch uses voltage which interferes with the receiver to dish voltage.

I have the “Key Tv” switch. It has OTA, Cable and Sat going into it. Then one cable leaves and goes to a duplex jack in the wall. You connect to the Sat connector or the TV/Cable connector. It also knows whether to use pre-amp or not depending on if you are on cable or OTA.
Pretty neat idea, but they used crap cable.
The switch seems to work as I had most channels going through it, but when I connected straight to the coax, I lost everything.

I just ran a dedicated home run to the receiver and everything works great now.

chalk it up to crap cable in the coach. Go figure. Lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)