Y.A. Intallation Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

warkovision

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 30, 2004
Argggh! My upgrade appointment yesterday was cancelled due to overbooking. I called customer retention and they gave me $100 credit for a missed appointment. While I was on the phone, I asked if instead of them replacing my H10-250 and H10 with the HR-20 and H20 respectively, I could go for two HR-20s. The rep told me that I could not get another dvr from D* for six months, and that I would have to buy it from someplace on the outside like C.C. or B.B. and have it installed on a seperate appointment. I was thinking that I could go ahead with the appointment I already have, buy another HR-20, put it where the H20 will be from the previous install, and move the H20 to my kid's room where a D-10 currently resides, because he may eventually have an HD monitor in there. Is this simply a matter of disconnecting reconnecting the cables? Can I call D* and activate the new HR-20 myself without another installation appointmen? Does a store bought unit come with a card whose serial number I can give to a D* rep for activation? Will it come with the correct B band converters in it already? Thanks guys.

Argggh! My upgrade appointment yesterday was cancelled due to overbooking. I called customer retention and they gave me $100 credit for a missed appointment. While I was on the phone, I asked if instead of them replacing my H10-250 and H10 with the HR-20 and H20 respectively, I could go for two HR-20s. The rep told me that I could not get another dvr from D* for six months, and that I would have to buy it from someplace on the outside like C.C. or B.B. and have it installed on a seperate appointment. I was thinking that I could go ahead with the appointment I already have, buy another HR-20, put it where the H20 will be from the previous install, and move the H20 to my kid's room where a D-10 currently resides, because he may eventually have an HD monitor in there. Is this simply a matter of disconnecting reconnecting the cables? Can I call D* and activate the new HR-20 myself without another installation appointmen? Does a store bought unit come with a card whose serial number I can give to a D* rep for activation? Will it come with the correct B band converters in it already? Thanks guys.

Yes to all of your questions. The only caveat is you need two lines to each dvr in order to utilize their two tuners, and you can not diplex an ota signal with the D* cables.

In addition, you will need to purchase and install a 6x8 multiswitch because you will be using more than four lines from the dish.

Yes, thanks for the correction.

In addition, you will need to purchase and install a 6x8 multiswitch because you will be using more than four lines from the dish.

Thanks a lot everybody! What brand would you all recommend??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts