Yankees-Mets Blacked Out in Baltimore?

ccmdguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 16, 2009
Maryland
I'm in Baltimore RSN. Can someone explain why Yankees-Mets on MLBN is blacked out? I know..probably a stupid question.

Yeah..just realized Phillies-Red Sox are on MLBNA. Strange. Phillies are ALWAYS blacked out here even though Comcast Philly isn't on Dish.

No, the OP is correct in his thinking. He's not in the DMA, so one would think he would be getting it. Because the Nationals were playing in their park, the Mets may have been blacked out in your area, leaving Philly and Boston.

OK...not sure I understand that...but I had not checked MLBN Alternate channel before I posted the original message. Perhaps I didn't get Yankees-Mets (I have gotten NY games before on MLBN) because MLBN was showing Phillies-RedSox on the alternate channel. Not sure why, though. Nationals game was over earlier in the day. Just when I think I understand the blackout rules...this kind of thing happens. And it's kinda moot now.

MLB Network regional games are goofy as there is no rhyme or reason as to which area gets which game.

I've seen plenty of the "main games" when the backup one has a team from the AL Central

It makes total sense . Of course he is going to get the philly game, He's not in the NY DMA. And last I checked there is no MLB EI on Dish
And Since he can't View YES network or SNY well that's out too.

NO it doesn't. MLB Net does regionalized games but there is no "rule" as to which area gets what game. The only rule is the NY market would get the other game because if your team is on MLB Net you get the other game (or other programming)

MLB Network regional games are goofy as there is no rhyme or reason as to which area gets which game.

I've seen plenty of the "main games" when the backup one has a team from the AL Central

You got that right. Philly-Washington was blacked out in North Texas last Friday night.

I'm in Baltimore RSN. Can someone explain why Yankees-Mets on MLBN is blacked out? I know..probably a stupid question.
I live in NC and I was blacked out as well.
Interesting to note, I do reside in the markets of the Nats, Orioles, Braves and Reds.

Last edited:
It makes total sense . Of course he is going to get the philly game, He's not in the NY DMA. And last I checked there is no MLB EI on Dish
And Since he can't View YES network or SNY well that's out too.

Holy crap...MLBN games are televised nationally the same as those on FOX or ESPN.
Once again, and please get this straight....Non exclusive games are blacked ONLY in the territories of the participating clubs.
MLBN is NOT an RSN....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)