Yankees tied for last place in the EAST!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
8.5 out of the East, and a mere 4.5 out of the wild card with 99 games left.

Yea, we ain't toast.

14.5 the hole gets deeper and deeper... Get the coffin because they are done as far as Division is concerned. Time for Torre to go...

Well Sean, that was two weeks ago. What say you now? ;)

....Never get too excited about the wins and never get too upset about the lows....it is ONLY June folks. The Yankees have PLENTY of time to screw it all up...;) :D

This is so nice seeing the Stinkees tied for last place with the confessed Giambi.

Serves them right.

My team is in last place, but they have a reason and they aren't cheaters.

Tell that to Rafael Palmiero! Oh - and to Sammy Sosa! Foolish argument to point to a TEAM (any TEAM) for the conduct of a player.

And I believe Giambi (one of the few who have been forthright) (unlike the 2 above mentioned) was quilty as a member of the A's - not the Yankees. But that is no excuse for a players bad decisions. Additionally, if you remember back 2 years ago when all of this surfaced, the Yankees looked into voiding Giambi's contract if they could prove the steroid use during his time as a Yankee - and they also said they would look to void his contract 2 weeks ago when this new story came out if it lead to a violation of the contract. I haven't heard the SanFran Giants say that about Bonds - or any other team make a similar statement.

I'm a Yankee fan, I don't condone the steroid use by ANYBODY.

In all fairness, ScoBuck, you didn't see fit to chime in on this thread until yesterday and it's been here for a couple of weeks.

Bottomline is, a team with the talent and resources of the Yankees in a Division where their only really competition is the Red Sox, can't be counted out in late May/early June.

In all fairness, ScoBuck, you didn't see fit to chime in on this thread until yesterday and it's been here for a couple of weeks.

Bottomline is, a team with the talent and resources of the Yankees in a Division where their only really competition is the Red Sox, can't be counted out in late May/early June.

Fairness had nothing to do with it - I haven't been in this forum in quite a while - if I had been I surely would have posted.

On the other hand, to blame Giambi on the Yankees, or any athelete on any team is ridiculous. I have a feeling that there is NO team that had NO players juicing at one time or another.

Actually I think this thread should close - the topic is now inaccurate.

Thats fine with me, but then, I didn't start it ... and your right the topic is in accurate, at least at this point...... could revisit later in the year, but I doubt it !

Jimbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)