Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I wont need to have the big dish at 87W soon :)

ThisTV has announced that it'll be seen on KSTC/45.2 (Minneapolis) beginning July 17. Other than the ION subchannels, ThisTV will be the first commercial general-interest subchannel carried in the Twin Cities.

So come July This TV will be here in Minneapolis. Now if Hubbard (who owns both 45 & ABC 5) adds RTV I would really be happy (they have RTV on a subchannel in Duluth. MN where they also own that ABC affiliate)

Nice, we have THIS on 5-5 OTA for while. Now that you wont need that dish. I do take donations

Its amazing that Minneapolis as big as the market is has CRAP for subchannels...

CBS..no subchannels (O&O)
ABC..repeats of local news broadcasts (owned by Hubbard...they use to own USSB...remember them)
NBC..weather 24/7...Combination of local weather and WeatherNation (same stuff as what Dish folks had but ours is different and has been there for a year or so)
PBS has 3 subchannels...2nd PBS, Create, Weather
Ion has the norm
TBN has the church mux

Fox, My, CW...SD counterpart (Fox/My owned by Fox, CW owned by Sinclair...supposedly they are getting theCoolTV)

so its nice to see something REAL showing up on a subchannel

I have a ghetto moved dish but the main one on the deck is limited on LOS between 87-107 ;)

You had said ThisTV, when you said 87º I right away thought of all the RTV's...

the 6 footer cant lock them all the time ;)

I wish we could get RTV here in MInneapolis. What sucks is Hubbard owns all the ABC stations licensed to MN
KSTP 5 Minneapolis (and 2 satellite stations)
KAAL 6 Austin, MN
WDIO/WIRT 10/13 Duluth/HIbbing

yet only WDIO/WIRT has RTV on a subchannel

I've read that about Minneapolis too, odd they don't have more subchannels available. I guess I'm lucky to be in between 2 markets where I live right now (Huntsville and Birmingham) and both of them seem to have a goodly amount of subchannels. And as long as the weather cooperates, most of them are pretty stable to watch.
I hardly ever watch ThisTV any more, too many commercials and I hate edited movies, but its nice to have a clear feed available. Huntsville RTV feed looks poor since the recent change on RTV, haven't looked at the Bham subchannel for it yet to compare. The Bham one is on a VHF frequency channel, and closer to me so is more stable.

My Albuquerque's TV market sucks bigtime here's the listing......

KASA-DT, "FOX" no subchannel used to carry THe TUBE on ch. 2.2:(

KOB-DT, "NBC" has local weather channel on ch.4.2:up which is owned by Hubbard BTW.

KNME-DT "PBS" has V/ME Spanish PBS on ch. 5.2 which I don't care for......

KOAT-DT "ABC" has Estrella-TV Spanish programings....:p on ch. 7.2 I just wish they replace it with This-TV.

KNMD-DT "PBS" PBS Create ch. 9.1 which is fine to me....

KCHF-DT "REL" ch. 10.1 this channel is crap it's mostly fake herbal ads, REL, shows programings.

KRQE-DT "CBS" Fine station with HD Sports programings. 13.1 no need to add subchannels since it's 1080i bandwith.

KTFQ-ST "Telefutra" ch. 14.1 Spanish station

KWBQ-DT "CW" ch.19.1 I wish they would some new subchannel like Cooltv or A-1 Network.

KNAT-DT "TBN REL" ch.23.2-5, 4 subchannels don't care for this station.:p

KQDF-LP "Off the air due to a tech problem" ch. 25 analog Spanish station.

KAZQ-DT "REL" ch. 32.2-4 3 subchannels 2 of them are crappy internet feeds.:p

KTVS-LD "REL" ch.36.2 is owned by KAZQ-DT and has 1 subchannel waste of bandwith they keep showing same stuff from KAZQ-DT.:p

K38IM-LP "3ABN, REL" Analog low power station, don't care for this station.:p

KRTN-LD "TELMUNDEO" ch.39.1 Been waiting for amost 7 months, to carry RTV but instead just shows Spanish' programings instead and not only that they been false ID'ing their call letter via PSIP as KTEL-LD!:rant:

I checked the FCC's database, and they should be id's as KRTN-LD and bet they are going to be in hot water for not getting ID's call letter right.:eek:

KLUZ-DT "Univision" ch.41.2 has 1 subchannel called LATV Engish's and Spanish's programing

K43HW-LP ch. 43 shows nothing but color bars, for over a year now, sad don't you think?:(

KTFA-LP "HSN" ch. 48 analog station, Home Shopping Network also I don't care for that too.....

KASY-DT "MYTV" ch. 50 they are running at 720p, why don't they add 2 new subchannels plenty of room there as well too.:)

Albuquerque's TV market is ranked at #44 in the country

And what worse is that we have no local HD news here at it all.:(

KASY-DT "MYTV" ch. 50 they are running at 720p, why don't they add 2 new subchannels plenty of room there as well too.:)
also known as the station who cant figure out how to pick up a Hawaii Basketball feed to show on TV ;)

And what worse is that we have no local HD news here at it all.:(

all 4 are in HD here

Iceberg,

I just hope my local KASY-DT, get's their act's together in time for my beloved Lobos men's baskitball season. But you never know what going to happen in this sloppy Albuquerque's TV market.:p

Seems like most of us have lousy subs. I get Cincinnati and Dayton markets.
We've got about 16 PBS stations some of it it repetitive. This TV in both markets. The best station we have around here is a low power WKRP/WBQC that has Jewelry Tv, RTV, America One...I think, and Universal Sports. They are adding a new digital channel this summer. It will be interesting to see what all they put on it. I'm guessing there's money to be made in adding decent sub channels, probably a lot more money than what they make on their weather subs with ad's scrolling by. Such potential that seems wasted. Also I thought This Tv was rumored at one time to be starting another network? Blind

Here east of Goldendale we (sometimes) get 3 Portland networks ANALOG VHF. No subchannels no PBS... Nada... So, Glorystar system and a little other FTA on G19 is all that I almost always and able to receive in our wind tunnel.

Power companies just got permits for another 300 wind generators within 20 miles of here!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)