Yeah Okay I am really confused

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kc5qih

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 25, 2005
I didnt seem to be tracking the arc properly, i was getting some and not getting some so i went outside checked everything to make sure it was level and it was...then for some reason i started screwing around with my dish and now i cant get any thing. I've checked my azimuth about a thousand times...im got my level peaked at 71% on IA 5 now but have no quality at all, zero zilch, nothing, nada..and i dont get it. I cant get it to do anything. Any suggestions

Thanks

Very Frustrated Chris

The trick for me is using my sat finder, I find a live transponder (Anyone here can help) then just start by hand nudging the dish until you get a response from the level, then just start tweaking it until you can't get more signal improvement from the sat finder. Then I go to the receiver and scan the sat.

I would suggest hooking up a tv so you can see a picture. I know it's a lot of trouble but it always works for me. The smallest tv I've got is a 30" and boy is it heavy. But, it works. All you'll need is enough coax to get from you mpeg to the tv as it sits close enough to your dish so you can see it. In daylight the sunshine can make it most difficult. Good Luck......

Al

I bought one of these for this kind of work:

Audiovox TFT3500 3.5" Handheld TV with A/C Adapter

Amazon has them, about $120.

Runs on 4 AA batteries, can connect RCA level inputs via an adapter, really works great on the roof next to the dish for alighment.

It'll be my backup TV in case the power goes out like it did in the NE a couple years ago.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)