Yearly Instead Of Monthly Payment

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lou_do

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 2, 2005
Central Maine
For about 15 years I had a C-Band satellite system. I subscribed to my programing and had the option to purchase it by the year, instead of writing out that check once a month. We would get a better rate if we paid for it a year at a time.

I am surprised the D* and/or E* doesn't offer such a plan. It would be a win/win situation for the consumer and the satellite providers. We could save a few bucks by purchasing it by the year and the satellite providers could save money on administration charges by only having to handle paperwork once a year. It would also be a benefit to D* and/or E* because they would know they would have that customer for a year. I know it would be a big payment for lots of people, but when the income tax check comes back, their could be a place to put it to good use. That option would be nice to have.

lou_do said:
For about 15 years I had a C-Band satellite system. I subscribed to my programing and had the option to purchase it by the year, instead of writing out that check once a month. We would get a better rate if we paid for it a year at a time.

I am surprised the D* and/or E* doesn't offer such a plan. It would be a win/win situation for the consumer and the satellite providers. We could save a few bucks by purchasing it by the year and the satellite providers could save money on administration charges by only having to handle paperwork once a year. It would also be a benefit to D* and/or E* because they would know they would have that customer for a year. I know it would be a big payment for lots of people, but when the income tax check comes back, their could be a place to put it to good use. That option would be nice to have.

There is annual packages with Dish, problem is that they made it cost prohibitive where depending on the package you don't save any money like you used to several years ago!

Claude Greiner said:
There is annual packages with Dish, problem is that they made it cost prohibitive where depending on the package you don't save any money like you used to several years ago!

I looked on their web site and didn't see it. Only monthly fees for their packages. Where did you see it?

lou_do said:
I looked on their web site and didn't see it. Only monthly fees for their packages. Where did you see it?

You may have to call, my in-laws switched from C-band to E*, 2 or 3 years ago and have bean getting AT120w/locals annually. The AT120 part amounts to $37.99 x 11 which is like getting that 12th month for free. I am not sure if you get the Free 12th month on the $5/mo locals or not? If a rate increase occurs during your payed year, it will go in affect until the year is up. My in-laws will not pay the 2/1 increase until much latter in the year.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts