Yee Haw! 921 is here!

For those of you who have received a 921 recently, please remember to contact any retailers who have you on their waiting lists. It is very important that the number of systems on backorder for each retailer is correct.

It does seem that DISH finally ramped up production.

Justin

John Walsh said:
So far #4 has been good.

Well, I may be getting a third 921.

I'm on my second 921 (the first was DOA) and am working with Dish Network's "Peter Dall & Mark Duffy" to get this one functioning so that it can receive local off-air channels.

Since receiving 921 #2, I have been unable to receive any off-air analog channels and the local off-air digital channels that I have been able to receive has gone from four of my five local (within ten miles) networks, to occassionally being able to receive only one of them.

The same off air antenna cable receives strong signals when connected directly to my 65" Mitsubish (as well as VCRs). I've moved my 811 to the same antenna lead and can receive four of the five off air DTV channels (the fifth has the 49% bug where the signal just can't lock) and all of the off air analog channels "strong & clear".

I've posted photos of the issue in the 921 support area of dbstalk.com.

The last thing I had heard was from Peter Dall, who told me to not waste my time troubleshooting and that he was certain of some sort of hardware problem. Pete was to get back to me on Friday but I haven't heard from him.

I sure wish someone would get back to me. I'm tired of paying an extra $5 per month (DVR fee) when I can't even watch my locals in HD!

UPDATED - 12 JULY 2004 - 14:00
Jeff:

Rest assured that the problem is not with your 921. There is an issue on DISH's end that Engineering is working to resolve. Beta testing is being done right now. As soon as we can be sure it will not create other problems, we will release the fix.

Pete Dall

So I guess I wait for awhile. :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)