Yellow Card - Heads Up!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ERSanders

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
Fairport, NY
Yesterday I got two yellow cards for my two 721s. When I put them in today everything went fine EXCEPT that on one of the units my password was deleted resulting in NO LOCKS on the system.

I don't know why this happened but I suggest that all upgraders add a double check to their install process.

I got my yellow card for my 721 on Tuesday this week. Everything went off without a hitch. However, keep in mind that when they say it takes 15 minutes for the system to update, they mean every bit of 15 minutes.

See ya
Tony

Got my card too. Just hope I don't lose any recordings. I DO NOT TRUST anything E* does anymore when it comes to software.

ken said:
Got my card too. Just hope I don't lose any recordings. I DO NOT TRUST anything E* does anymore when it comes to software.
Heck, I barely trust the software I write :)

My update went fine, other than taking 40 minutes on hold to get someone. I even called the regular number on my cell and still was on hold when the first line picked up. Then of course it took 20 minutes to get all my programming authrorized.

Put both of my new smart cards in my 2 721s and then it rebooted and I called the # that the paper said to. I then gave my new smart card #s and the receiver #s and she activated them. Less than 5 minutes later I had all my programming. Worked just fine. I wonder if the 500 series dvrs are next and the 301s after that? That might be a problem on my second account. My Aunt wouldn't know how to do a smart card change out. She is also 7 hours away in Arkansas.

301 yellow card

I hooked up a 301 yesterday. The customer had a new yellow card. I called the number on the letter and entered the code. The said it would take about 15 minutes for the "Smartcard Replacement" screen to disappear and return to normal programming. It did take that long but everything worked fine.

I got my new yellow card (for my 501) a couple of weeks ago. I used the E* web site to activate it. The card upgrade went OK, except that my local channels and my distant nets did not transfer over (AT120, HBO and Superstations were OK).

I had to call in, and then go thru the procedure that the CSRs make you do before they will give you a rehit (system reset, check switch, etc). I had already done all of those things but the CSR made me do them again anyway. After that they sent my 501 a rehit and all was OK.

Got my yellow card for the 721 on Friday, called Dish (which seemed to go to an Indian call center, not sure), I had to reboot the 721 a couple of times (they told me to) because kept getting "Receiver not authorized" message. As you know it takes a while to reboot the 721. The CSR with her accent kept asking "What do you see now on the screen?" while rebooting, it was getting annoying.

Total process took about 15-20 minutes.

luckycat said:
Got my yellow card for the 721 on Friday, called Dish (which seemed to go to an Indian call center, not sure), I had to reboot the 721 a couple of times (they told me to) because kept getting "Receiver not authorized" message. As you know it takes a while to reboot the 721. The CSR with her accent kept asking "What do you see now on the screen?" while rebooting, it was getting annoying.

yeah, I wish they realized how long that system takes to start up. What do you see now constantly is annoying. Even worse with my 921.

Hey Tony, you said you used the website, where did you do that at?

Got my yellow card for my 721 on Wed. I waited till I had lots of free time and had watched all my important recorded shows. I called Dish on Sat after installing the card. I was told to wait 15 minutes then check my guides and etc. I'm happy that all went well, and it really did take 15 minutes for their download to complete.

Got my new card for the 721 the other day.
Had some free time, so registered it yesterday.
Took about 10 mins. for the reciever to take the hit and activate the smartcard.

My results:
Previously recorded show - still on harddrive
Timers - all were set, except that weekly timers set Monday (that evening) were shifted to start the next Monday, not that night, so nothing recorded that night (Not a huge deal as we were home watching them anyway). Other timers (for other days of the week) seem to have the start date correct, so I will be able to see if they are good tonight when the Tuesday timers are supposed to record.

From what I've been reading.
For the 721 you can only call the number they give you. No activation by internet.
All other models can either call or are given the URL to use the internet.

I own two 721's. I decided to swap out/activate the yellow cards one call at a time in case of any problems. First call to "Samantha" lasted less than 2 minutes and within 10 minutes, the first receiver worked fine. Called back to activate the second receiver and talked to "Grace". That conversation lasted almost 20 minutes during which time she repeatedly apologized for the delay due to "computer problems". She asked for my name, address, phone number, customer number and my PIN number. I gave all except the PIN which she INSISTED was on the letter that came with the cards (which it isn't, shouldn't be and I wouldn't give it to her if it was!). Eventually she told me to call back in 3 hours after the computers were updated. I hung up and immediately called back and talked to the Samantha (same CSR from first call) and was all set in 90 seconds. Advice: if you call and get GRACE--throw down the phone and run!!!

Tony S said:
The yellow card was attached to a sheet of paper that gave instructions on how to install and activate the new card. You could either call 1-888-651-2022 or go to http://www.dishnetwork.com/card to activate using Dish's automated system.

Wow, that number is completely different from my number and I have no URL listed on my letter. No PIN either, so it wouldn't of worked for me.

luckycat said:

... we must have talked to the same people. Almost asked for someone who COULD speak English too!

Khan

DougE, read SatinKzo's post #17. Evidently, Dish has different activation procedures for different receivers. The PIN # (if you got one) was written at the top of the sheet of paper that the new card was attached to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts