Yellow dots on screen with 942

jackod5

Original poster
Dec 29, 2004
Got a question, I'm new to dish and got a 942 2 months ago. Every so often I get little yellow dots on my screen that form little squares. It seems to only happen only when I'm recording something. Once the little dots come on the only way I can get rid of them is by doing a system reset. The receiver may work fine for a few days or even a week, but eventually it comes back. Anyone have any suggestions, should I call dish? I've tried different connections on both the tv and receiver. I've tried dvi and 3 seperate cables, still the dots. Only a reset works.

the 942 runs VERY HOT. make sure it has plenty of air circulation around it. I've heard from several people that raising it up slightly on something (just under the ocrners where the little rubber feet are) has helped with other display issues caused by overheating.

I used foud bottle caps (e.g. coke) to raise it after I got several messages that it had reached the max temp.

A technician checked the wiring and also noticed there the coaxial cable had some of the little copper cables touching the center and thus producing a short that was affecting the switch (was receiving errors from time to time) and that would also be a reason for the heating.

As a design, I think it sucks. Only one side of the 942 has opennings and the fan is very low almost touching the surface.

The bottle caps + rewiring + relocating the 942 in another section of the cabinet did the trick, had not problems since.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts