Yellow Light On Dvr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

erict

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
The past week or two I have noticed in the morning when I go to turn on my TV and dvr that the little yellow light on the dvr is on before I turn anything on. When I turn on the dvr it goes off. What causes this to happing? I don’t know the model but its 2 to 2 ½ years old.

The past week or two I have noticed in the morning when I go to turn on my TV and dvr that the little yellow light on the dvr is on before I turn anything on. When I turn on the dvr it goes off. What causes this to happing? I don’t know the model but its 2 to 2 ½ years old.

It is the recording light on my HR-21.

You may need to check to see how many recordings you have on your hard drive.:)

I think some of the older ones do a yellow light during their overnight updating, guide, software, etc.

It is the recording light on my HR-21.

You may need to check to see how many recordings you have on your hard drive.:)

Yes I did record something after I went to bed. It was only two hours long. Would this cause the light to stay on even after recording a show?

It's the receiver recording showcases off of the DVR Plus channel. When you turn it on it immediately stops recording and goes back to the previous channel. To test this just turn the TV off and leave the DVR on overnight, the next morning you will see that its recording... just turn on the TV and you will see it's recording the showcases.

Receintly, my HR20-700 when recording, the light now turns ORANGE, it use to be Yellow and Red when the unit calls out to D*.

Is there something happening with my unit, seeing the light is now going orange ?

Any thoughts ?

Jimbo

This morning the light was on again. The more I look at it; it seems to be more orange then yellow. Like I said yesterday I was recording the hockey game from 8pm to 1pm on a 5hr manual recorded. Well at 10pm I went to bed and when I shut the dvr off the light stayed on which of course means its still recording. Well last night when I got home I went to play the end of the game and it did not record a thing. It showed my start time but the only thing it recorded was 19min of the jay leno show. WTF.

Receintly, my HR20-700 when recording, the light now turns ORANGE, it use to be Yellow and Red when the unit calls out to D*.

Is there something happening with my unit, seeing the light is now going orange ?

Any thoughts ?

Jimbo

You running the last CE? Something they changed in the software.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)