SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 19, 2005
on CBS NY only.
Anyone else experiencing this?

Now also on NBC (3:50pm)

Now on WNYW and WPIX (3:53pm)

Last edited:
This happens for a few days at least one week out of a month at night about 12:35 once Letterman and Leno end. It is VERY annoying for them to do it at this time when Conan is still on in HD and Ferguson looks better on the HD channel than the super compressed SD one. I called like two years ago about this and they said it was "maintenance". Well do the freaking maintenance later.

This happens for a few days at least one week out of a month at night about 12:35 once Letterman and Leno end. It is VERY annoying for them to do it at this time when Conan is still on in HD and Ferguson looks better on the HD channel than the super compressed SD one. I called like two years ago about this and they said it was "maintenance". Well do the freaking maintenance later.

In the past few days I have noticed a blue "we are experiencing technical difficulities-this is not your problem" screen come on every so often.
Considering the other issues I wonder if the yellow screen is something different.

I began noticing all these problems after the software upgrade (picture/Audio freeze on the HD locals, picture skip), and now the yellow screen. I am beginning to think dish is modeling themselves after Microsoft with their software releases.

At 5.45PM I am seeing this for WNYW(6303). Call it in.

Funny, I thought more people would be b*tching about this as I got a yellow screen last night right in the middle of SYTYCD on WNYW-HD (Channel 5/Fox in NY). The SD version was OK.

Lucky I had cable which was working fine and I could finish watching the show (in not quite HD) but the yellow didn't go away until about 11PM or so. Let's see Dish blame the source on this one.

Funny, I thought more people would be b*tching about this as I got a yellow screen last night right in the middle of SYTYCD on WNYW-HD (Channel 5/Fox in NY). The SD version was OK.

Lucky I had cable which was working fine and I could finish watching the show (in not quite HD) but the yellow didn't go away until about 11PM or so. Let's see Dish blame the source on this one.

I agree.
This might be happening only in the New York regional area (as the freeze problem before). What location are you? and the rest of the people experiencing this?

I agree.
This might be happening only in the New York regional area (as the freeze problem before). What location are you? and the rest of the people experiencing this?

Well, I'm on Long Island (right outside NYC) so I should be smack in the middle of the spotbeam. As I posted before, when I checked my SS during the "freeze" problem it was 72 which, at least with the "new" scaling, should be OK.

I get it here in SW MI once in a while. When it happens here I normally still have the audio. I understand that it is caused by a loss of the digital signal from the broadcaster.

Well 2 years later the problem is back. The past two nights the second half of my Late Late Show recording has been completely a yellow screen. The yellow screen comes around now and then, but for the past few months it has just came on for 10-15 seconds then went away. Now it's back to being a yellow screen for about 30 minutes.

However, the worst part is that after switching to the different satellite to get the recent HD additions I don't even have SD locals! So when I see the yellow screen I can't even switch over to SD like I used to do in the past when this happened. Very annoying, Dish has to fix this or they're gonna have to come out and install a third dish so I can get the SD locals back.

Well 2 years later the problem is back. The past two nights the second half of my Late Late Show recording has been completely a yellow screen. The yellow screen comes around now and then, but for the past few months it has just came on for 10-15 seconds then went away. Now it's back to being a yellow screen for about 30 minutes.

However, the worst part is that after switching to the different satellite to get the recent HD additions I don't even have SD locals! So when I see the yellow screen I can't even switch over to SD like I used to do in the past when this happened. Very annoying, Dish has to fix this or they're gonna have to come out and install a third dish so I can get the SD locals back.

get their attention call it in and demand the 3rd dish if it isnt fixed immediately........

certinally uplink can see it. no excuse for stuff like this

I have received yellow, blue and red screens on and off for over 3 years.
I just ignore them and wait. It always clears up the next day.

A copy of my email to E* and their response.

-----Original Message-----From: Jim G [mailto:mad:comcast.net]
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 5:51 PM
To: Audio-Video-Quality
Subject: wttg fox 5 washington dc

Hello,

I am having issues with channel 6362(5). Very frequent "yellow screen" drop outs. It is happening on both my 722k and 612 at the same time, and the signal is at a 55 from spotbeam 5 on 61.5, so I am led to believe that that problem might be at the station itself or where you receive the OTA signal from FOX. Any help in resolving the issue would be appreciated. It is quite annoying!

Thank you!

James G

Dear Mr. G,

Thank you for expressing your concerns and interest in DISH Network. Customer input is an important tool in our efforts to continuously improve the quality of the DISH Network service. Thank you for your email. We did find some problems on this channel and escalated them to our Locals engineering team. They were able to identify the problem and resolve it. If in the future you have any further problems please feel free to email us again.We appreciate the time DISH Network customers take to email their audio/video quality concerns. Thank you for your patience and for being a valued customer.

EchoStar Broadcasting Corporation
Quality Assurance Department
dishquality at E*

No problems since then with yellow screens. WTTG returned an email telling me they didn't know there was a problem because E* is the only provider that didn't give them equipment to monitor the channel with. Names and email addresses were edited.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)