Status
Please reply by conversation.

northgeorgia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
North GA
photo1-e1348261609115-224x300.jpg
Ebru is a Turkish art form of paper marbling made with oil-based paint. Many designs also incorporate floral patterns. http://www.turkishculture.org/traditional-arts/marbling-113.htm

I learn something every day! :)

I keep getting educated with your info. BTW is Samanyolu (is the name right ?) still on G19, that is the Turkish language version ?

I keep getting educated with your info. BTW is Samanyolu (is the name right ?) still on G19, that is the Turkish language version ?
Yes, it is! Samanyolu (the Milky Way) is owned by the same corporation that brings us Ebru TV. The broadcasting group is Samanyolu Yay?nc?l?k A.?. But there is controversy behind this group, as one of the main contributors to the formation of the company is none other than Fethullah Gülen, who sought refuge in the U.S. after fleeing his native Turkey when he was accused of trying to establish an Islamic-based government. He is an Islamic conservative who started the unique Gülen movement, labeled a terrorist organization by Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdo?an, but seen as a type of Islamic Opus Dei by others. He claims to be interested in interfaith dialogue and multi-party democracy. Who knows for sure? Anyway, without getting too political, it's all very interesting to have the Samanyolu channels and the official Turkish TRT network both on G19! In the end, it's good television and I like my Ebru TV :)

Yep, that´s another good one.
They have some interesting shows, Friday nights they air Sue Thomas FBEye, which I also enjoy.

I love Sea Patrol. The only issue I have with Ebru is that they cut the episodes. Sometimes it is well done and you can't tell and other time it is really obvious. Maybe it isn't obvious if you haven't seen the uncut versions. Still Like it. I just wish they could air the uncut versions of shows.

I love Sea Patrol. The only issue I have with Ebru is that they cut the episodes. Sometimes it is well done and you can't tell and other time it is really obvious. Maybe it isn't obvious if you haven't seen the uncut versions. Still Like it. I just wish they could air the uncut versions of shows.

BTW :welcome2 to Satelliteguys.
Yep, that´s right, that would be my only beef. Hustle episodes are really 60 minutes as they are aired in the UK on BBC, unfortunately in EBRU the episodes are cut to allow at least 10 minutes for commercials.

In ALL these "cut for TV" situations, I'm not sure the channel is to blame. It "could" be the syndicators making time for local inserts so
they can cut a deal on programming. Even if I'm wrong, bottom line is, the "F" in FTA stands for "free." I'd rather have "cut" episodes than no FTA...
Surprisingly, some of the MASH now in syndication contains the FULL episodes and lines I don't remember hearing over all these years until it was
picked up by ME-TV!

I'd rather have "cut" episodes than no FTA...

Believe me I am glad it is there. I would have no TV at my hunting camp if it weren't for FTA satellite. There are no terrestrial signals that can reach my camp (side of a mountain). Ebru introduced me to some shows that I later found on Hulu and Amazon when I returned home. This was also one of the proof of concepts I gave the wife that we didn't really need to pay for subscription TV anymore. My minor gripes are not indictments of the system. Just the musings of a madman.

DJdish said:
BTW :welcome2 to Satelliteguys.

Thank you! Glad to be here.

Reactions: northgeorgia
I like EBRU. At first I thought it was like a BBC type channel for ex-pats living in Turkey.
I added it to my dad’s favorites list and he watches it too. He likes several shows on there.

The way they abruptly cut away to a commercial is a bit unnerving but I’ve gotten used to it now.
I noticed, at least on Doctor Who, that they aren’t cutting away any additional material.
I’ve watched ALL the shows commercial free so they aren’t really ruining the shows, it’s just the abruptness of it that is annoying.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts