YES HD and SNY HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ron61250

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 25, 2003
Horseheads, N.Y.
I live in the Elmira(upstate)NY area and suspended my *D account because I could not get YES HD. Went with basic cable which offers YES HD. Does anyone know if these are now offered regional or are they still being spotbeamed to the greater NY city area? thanks, Ron:)

I live in the Elmira(upstate)NY area and suspended my *D account because I could not get YES HD. Went with basic cable which offers YES HD. Does anyone know if these are now offered regional or are they still being spotbeamed to the greater NY city area? thanks, Ron:)

I used zip 14901 for Elmira and you are not listed in the HD region.

Attachments

• elmira.JPG
    elmira.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 205
Ron, I suspended my D* account for the same reason and I don't think you'll see any change until the new sats are launched and deployed. I've seen it suggested that will be this Fall, which would be the backend of the Season. Even then, there's no guarantee we'll be included in the spotbeam. It seems to hinge if D* offers locals in your area and we know that it will probably be awhile before that happens, if it ever does.

I'm thinking of going back to cable and suspending my D* acount from the 26th of Feb. until the 25th of Aug. every year from here on out and only subbing to the base package when I do. I'm really disappointed in D*.

thanks for the responses.Bidger, I think you are right.I am a huge Yankee fan and adding cable during the baseball season will be a must for me.thanks again, ron

I used zip 14901 for Elmira and you are not listed in the HD region.

That web page isn't up to date. My zip is 06410. It says I don't get YES or SNY in hd, but I was part of the new territory that now gets them. Call D* and ask if you are eligible for them. You may get a nice surprise!

You get locals, Chip, and we do not. I believe the same is true for the other areas that were included in the expanded spotbeam coverage.

That web page isn't up to date. My zip is 06410. It says I don't get YES or SNY in hd, but I was part of the new territory that now gets them. Call D* and ask if you are eligible for them. You may get a nice surprise!

Forget timeliness, it's just wrong. I'm in the NY DMA, get both in HD, and that page doesn't return the proper HD info...

Caveat emptor

Both Newshawk and yourself clued me into that fact in this thread. Remember?

I do! Obviously I wasn't very clear in my previous post in this thread. I didn't know that the op didn't get hd lil channels.

I do! Obviously I wasn't very clear in my previous post in this thread. I didn't know that the op didn't get hd lil channels.

Some people in the Albany DMA get SNY-HD and YES-HD even though they do not get HD locals yet. DirecTV either expanded a spotbeam or initiated another one.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts