YES hd coverage expanded!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This is not, nor has it ever been an issue with the coverage area of the spotbeam. Don't think for even one second that they don't have extensive and detailed information as to the exact 'dimensions' that their spots cover.

What I think it has to do with is that since the signal is sent up in the HD locals package, that they can't program an IRD to recieve 1 or 2 channels from within that locals package without also having it receive all of the locals in the package- and that is something that they LEGALLY can't do.

I think that they just have to send the YES-HD signal up in multiple HD lils, for example the NYC DMA already gets it, why not ALSO send it up with the Hartford DMA? My only answer to this is that they don't want to have to use many different transponders to in effect send the same channel down to earth.

Incorrect. There are MANY cases (especially with RSN's!) of overlapping markets. The "St. Louis Cardinals issue" that recently got fixed is a perfect example, and that's even with differing primary RSN's.

This is not, nor has it ever been an issue with the coverage area of the spotbeam. Don't think for even one second that they don't have extensive and detailed information as to the exact 'dimensions' that their spots cover.

What I think it has to do with is that since the signal is sent up in the HD locals package, that they can't program an IRD to recieve 1 or 2 channels from within that locals package without also having it receive all of the locals in the package- and that is something that they LEGALLY can't do.

I think that they just have to send the YES-HD signal up in multiple HD lils, for example the NYC DMA already gets it, why not ALSO send it up with the Hartford DMA? My only answer to this is that they don't want to have to use many different transponders to in effect send the same channel down to earth.

Are you saying they couldn't authorize me to get YES hd from the NY dma without also giving me the locals in hd? I get channels 2, 4, and 5 in sd from ny as significantly viewed, but not the other ny sd locals.

your exactly right. they can give you ch 2,4,5 but not 7, 9, 11. so someone there just needs to open /reprogrammed the feeds for ct residents. and while there doing yes include sny and nesn the mor hd the better. another question any news on D* negotiations with LIN. it would be nice to see abc( nba playoffs start soon)

your exactly right. they can give you ch 2,4,5 but not 7, 9, 11. so someone there just needs to open /reprogrammed the feeds for ct residents. and while there doing yes include sny and nesn the mor hd the better. another question any news on D* negotiations with LIN. it would be nice to see abc( nba playoffs start soon)

I haven't heard anything about LIN settling with D*. They have an agreement with Cox cable now, so anything is possible!

Are you saying they couldn't authorize me to get YES hd from the NY dma without also giving me the locals in hd? I get channels 2, 4, and 5 in sd from ny as significantly viewed, but not the other ny sd locals.

I was told that they throw those significantly viewed channels onto different spotbeams in order to have them available. I also was told that you can only be authorized to receive one local spotbeam. If a channel is on the spotbeam, then they can grant/not grant authorization to it.

It this is incorrect, I will hurt the CSR that told it to me.

I was told that they throw those significantly viewed channels onto different spotbeams in order to have them available. I also was told that you can only be authorized to receive one local spotbeam. If a channel is on the spotbeam, then they can grant/not grant authorization to it.

It this is incorrect, I will hurt the CSR that told it to me.

Well, I don't want anyone injured on my account. ;) What you say makes sense, if indeed it is the case. If so, why can't they add YES hd to the Hartford spotbeam? There is supposedly plenty of bandwidth available on Spaceway 1 where they come from.

I think it is something more as just about all satellite companies, cable co's etc, have the ability to give you specific channels without giving others.

I think it is something more as just about all satellite companies, cable co's etc, have the ability to give you specific channels without giving others.

Major difference between sat and cable though.

With the satellite - regarding local spotbeams, obviously it has to be uplinked to a subs spot first, then authorized second. With cable, which does not have the same issues (as you would well know), every channel is sent out (but scrambled) and they then have to do the same - authorize the receiver to get it.

Well, I don't want anyone injured on my account. ;) What you say makes sense, if indeed it is the case. If so, why can't they add YES hd to the Hartford spotbeam? There is supposedly plenty of bandwidth available on Spaceway 1 where they come from.

To me THIS IS the question I would like the answer to.

Major difference between sat and cable though.

With the satellite - regarding local spotbeams, obviously it has to be uplinked to a subs spot first, then authorized second. With cable, which does not have the same issues (as you would well know), every channel is sent out (but scrambled) and they then have to do the same - authorize the receiver to get it.

Not talking about method of transport. Talking about channel tier flags.

Has anyone heard if they are doing anything similar with NESN? Is this something just for YES?

Thanks for any update or information.

Has anyone heard if they are doing anything similar with NESN? Is this something just for YES?

Thanks for any update or information.

I don't know anything about what is going on with NESN, but I know one thing - you need a haircut, and............

A RealityCheck.

OK - so it looks like there have been some expansions. Wow - I'm allowed to be off a bit from time to time, but this one is odd. Maybe the LIN fight got too hard for D* to keep allocating channels on spotbeams for. :)

I watched yeshd last night on channel 622, I had 2 channel 622's, my zip is 06374 plainfield ct (north east)
hr-20
5 lnb slimline

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts