YES Network Being Dropped? (Agreement reached 4/7)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I too hope it goes dark. Everyone wants more money...maybe it's time the Yankees reel in their spending and quit coming to the average Joe for more.

yup ken singleton just mentioned it !!!
I will go ballistic if they play around with us and YES!
I will demand a full refund of my MLBEI too!

Ok, if I am a NYC area customer, YES is a RSN for me.
If they shut off YES, will I still be able to see the games on MLB IE even though I am located in the NYC area?
I already have my finger on the trigger to get cable.

Ok, if I am a NYC area customer, YES is a RSN for me.
If they shut off YES, will I still be able to see the games on MLB IE even though I am located in the NYC area?
I already have my finger on the trigger to get cable.

no. Games would be blacked out

MLB EI on Roku looks bettr and better.

As a lifelong red Sox fan I am tempted to say who cares about theYankees but No fan should have to go without their team-----not even Yankee fans.

Did Charlie Ergen buy D*? :)

Seriously, though - this is likely Yes trying to strongarm the MSO's into a higher price, with D* just being first in line.

The Yanks have to meet their astronomical payroll somehow, ya know?

So E* could drop SNY and D* could drop YES. As I said in the Dish fourm, since the NY area has the most sport viewers, the RSNs over there are going to become (or already are) the most expensive to carry.

"If YES Network goes dark, MLB Extra Innings and NBA League Pass customers will continue to see Yankees and Nets games but will not have access to the YES Network feed. In most instances DIRECTV will provide the opposing team's feed for these packages. If you receive YES Network as your local RSN unfortunately these games will not be available."

Sounds like if you have a league pass then this threat by YES is somewhat hollow; right?

Not really. Even if you live in the NY area and have MLB EI, then the yankees/mets games will just be blacked out in the NY area, (even if you don't have YES/SNY)

You miss out on the Yankees Pre and Post Game and also dont get to hear the Yankees Announcers.

But at least you can still watch their games.

If yes is dropped, can I get out of my contract without a term fee? This seems like its a breach of the contract I signed.

I Really Don't see DirecTV not getting a deal done for YES. I'm not a big Baseball fan, but DirecTV prides itself on being the service of choice for Sport Fans in general. Not having THE default Biggest franchise in one sport would be a DirecTV killer, and or a huge Black Eye for DirecTV.

Do I believe Dish will drop SNY? Absolutely, Dish has already proved they don't care about NY sports fans be refusing to sign a deal with YES, then the removal of MSG in October last year. Removing SNY would complete the trifecta and eliminate all NY sports teams completely. I became a DirecTV sub specifically for access to MSG (Buffalo Sabres Fan here).

John

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)