YES Network / SNY Mpeg-4 Slow Motion Effect

Status
Please reply by conversation.

elkiehound

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2004
I had an install of 5LNB dish and H20 a month ago in anticipation of Yankees and Mets in HD as part of the recent RSN announcement.

To date, I am yet to get a good picture for either channel 96 or 97. If there is movement, there is a 8MM effect, slow motion effect.

I have called Directv and retention and both tell me that they are not aware of any problems with the transmission, however they will escalate it to the technical folks to look at.

Other postings have similiar issues for other cities RSN's

Does anyone have any information to what the root cause is of this issue and when it will be fixed ?

My assumption is that there must be some CODEC issue in the feed OR maybe a software issue in the receiver. You should call again and mention the same issue and see if they still say it has never been reported; because we all know that is not true. Be sure to ask for employee ID numbers and document your calls.

I called again today and again got escalated to level 2 support. They insist that there is NO problem with mpeg-4 transmissions on channels 96 and 97, or known problems with the H20, however have no idea what the root cause is.

Now they are sending out a technician next week, which will be interesting.

Is Anyone out there in the NY area getting 96 and 97 without the slow motion effect ?

I was at my cousin's house in North Jersey 2 weeks ago and she has the same problem. IMHO, it looked like crap compared to CH 95.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)